Vehicle Technician/Mechanic - Part Time & Flexible Working Available
“Ultimately, people are putting their lives in our hands. I’d trust my team with mine.”
From voice control features that let you tell your car to play music or make a phone call, to the most advanced EcoBoost engine technology, Ford vehicles are a Technician’s dream, you’ll have the chance to drive the standard in customer care that’s because you’re as smart as the technology you’ll be working with, and leave no stone unturned to get the job done for the customer in double-quick time and to the highest standards.
In return you will have the attitude to make it happen and scrupulous attention to detail, you’ll enjoy lots of rewards, from a performance-related bonus, to 33 days’ holiday (pro rata) and ongoing training to keep you up to speed with the latest technical developments. To join us, you’ll need an NVQ 3, City & Guilds or equivalent and Service Technician experience as a minimum. Ideally, you’ll also have an MOT testing qualification and some main dealership experience. You’ll definitely have the smarts.
We are looking for candidates to cover opening hours on Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Ideal candidates will have:
- An NVQ 3, City & Guilds or equivalent,
- Service Technician experience and ideally, you’ll also have some main dealership experience
- An MOT testing qualification is desirable but this isn’t essential.
- A full valid driving licence as a minimum
- What is vital is that you have the attention to detail to keep standards sky high, and the team spirit that will see you working closely with everyone from the workshop controller and parts department to your fellow technicians.
Please note previous Automotive Technician experience is required for this position.
In addition to receiving a competitive salary, for the right candidate this position will offer:
- Industry leading package bonus scheme with uncapped earnings and an upsell bonus
- 33 days annual leave - pro rata (including bank holidays) in addition to an annual leave purchase & sale scheme
- Pension Scheme & Life Assurance
- Ford Privilege vehicle purchase scheme
- Discount on Service, Bodyshop and Parts
- 1 day each year to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work purchase scheme
- Discounted Gym membership
- Access to Perks at Work discount website
AN AMAZING OPPORTUNITY WITH ONE OF THE TOP 25 SUNDAY TIMES BEST BIG COMPANIES TO WORK FOR
To welcome you to the TrustFord family successful candidates will receive a hiring bonus of £2,000 upon successful completion of your probation period*
When completing your application please give specific detail of your experience, skills and previous responsibilities that you believe would be relevant to the role you are applying for.
For your first 2 days in the business, you’ll be attending our fantastic residential induction academy. This is at a lovely hotel in the heart of the Northampton countryside, where you’ll learn all about our business before you start your new role.
TrustFord is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on any grounds other than ability to carry out the job role.
Should you wish to discuss this position in more detail please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and we will arrange for the recruiting Manager to contact you directly.
*Direct applicants only, colleagues previously employed are not eligible
We advertise our vacancies to attract candidates and not agency suppliers. If we need agency assistance then we will contact agencies from our Preferred Supplier List. Any speculative CVs we receive will not be accepted as an introduction.