Infrastructure Development Project Manager - Silvertown
Silvertown Quays is a redevelopment scheme of approximately 50 acres of former London docklands warehousing in the east London district of Silvertown. It is situated on the north side of the River Thames opposite the Excel exhibition centre and immediately west of London City airport. The site includes the existing Millenium Mills building which is to be refurbished and an extensive dock area. In terms of public realm and infrastructure key site considerations include:
- Planning requirement for a new S-shaped bridge opening crossing over the Royal Victoria dock to the DLR/Crossrail station west of Excel;
- Planning requirement to repair/upgrade extensive areas of existing dock walls;
- Management of existing site contamination; and
- Reinforcement of existing utilities.
The Infrastructure Development Project Manager will provide key support to facilitate the successful planning, design and delivery of public realm and infrastructure for the project. In addition to having a broad technical understanding of external development infrastructure (such as roads, utilities, drainage, and earthworks) the preferred candidate should preferably be able to demonstrate relevant experience relating to the specific elements above.
Essential skills and experience:
- Relevant business or property tertiary qualifications.
- Post graduate qualifications desirable.
- Experience in integration of infrastructure, public realm and built form.
- Relevant post-qualification experience in an infrastructure design or delivery role.
- Experience of achieving client requirements in respect of urban regeneration, commercial and residential projects & mixed use.
- Experience of the provision of infrastructure in the urban regeneration process.
- Experience of dealing with the major utilities providers and integration of utilities into projects.
- Experience of the management of completed public realm and the interface with development works.
- Commercial and cost management awareness.
- Design and project management skills from concept to delivery.
- Data gathering and analytical skills - the ability to draw data and information from a broad range of sources.
- Knowledge of EH&S legislation and requirements and a strong commitment to designing for a safe environment.
- Knowledge of sustainability and a strong commitment to innovation in designing for the environment.
Duties & accountabilities:
- Support the Senior Project Manager with managing the infrastructure aspects of the project.
- Help ensure that the infrastructure achieves both Lendlease organisational objectives and project specific objectives.
- Ensure that the design and construction of the infrastructure is within budget, complies with authority requirements, secures relevant approvals and addresses Lendlease health, safety and environmental requirements.
- Support with managing the infrastructure consultant team.
- Assist with developing the infrastructure construction programme.
- Assist with managing the infrastructure elements of an Outline Planning application for the site.