Project Lead - Severn Trent Water
25113060002, Project Lead - STW Shifnal
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
Amey work in partnership with Severn Trent Water to deliver their AMP 6 Mains Renewal project spanning from Birmingham to Shropshire and Wales. Due to the widespread nature of the project, a Project Lead is needed to assist the Project Manager in ensuring the project goes from feasibility through to construction stage.
As Project Lead you will liaise with STW, Amey and local authority stakeholders to complete the following:
- Risks & Issues – Assesses the probabilities and impacts of the risks and develops suitable response plans.
- Attends Collaborative Planning sessions to identify design durations, dependencies and inherent risks.
- Verifies the information for early design order for feasibility, scoping and/or site investigations
- Prepares private land entry; instructs TMA manager. Knowledge of TMA is beneficial but we can put you through training
- Scopes the site investigations and receives report.
- Prepares feasibility scoping documents.
- Co-ordinates the preparation of schedules.
- Inputs into formulation of contractual T&Cs.
- Arrange for 3rd party engagement including land & planning consultant
- Attends joint risk review meetings ensuring completeness of meeting inputs and contributes to the creation and updates to the meeting outputs.
- Co-ordinates site investigations ensuring planned durations are met and checklists updated
- Co-ordinates activities throughout enabling phase ensuring planned durations are met and checklists updated – includes R&C, Supplier engagement, TMA, Private Land and Customer Management.
- Attends pre-start handover meeting, ensuring completeness of inputs and contributes to the creation and updates of meeting outputs
- Liaises with construction team through construction phase as and when required
What are we looking for?
If you have experience within a project environment and have proven communication skills this would be an ideal role that can offer progression if you so wished. It would be beneficial to have a construction background but not essential.