Group Finance Manager/Senior Finance Manager - Full Time or Part Time
Job Title: Group Finance Manager/Senior Finance Manager
Reports To: Head of Tax and Financial Reporting
Department: Group Finance
Location: Wigmore Street, London
Direct Reports: None
The Selfridges Group is comprised of Brown Thomas in Ireland, Holt Renfrew in Canada, Selfridges in the UK, de Bijenkorf in the Netherlands and Arnotts in Ireland, all of which are successful department stores in their own right. Although part of an overarching group structure, the business has purposefully sought to maintain the individuality of each brand and as such they all have a distinct positioning, in keeping with their local market and the customers that they serve.
Our culture is a dynamic and fast-paced one, and those with a pro-active mindset, strong communication skills and an international perspective will find Selfridges Group an exciting, challenging and fulfilling organisation in which to work.
Beyond the innovative retail environments they are famous for, Selfridges Group have also applied their expertise to an exciting Investment Portfolio.
This individual will deliver an end to end financial service for the investment portfolio spanning financial accounting, management accounting and financial planning and analysis. Their objective is to provide clear financial information to Selfridges Group management, supplemented with the relevant commercial insight that supports decision making.
The individual will prepare management accounts which provide insight on historic performance, highlighting risk and opportunities and having a clear understanding of their balance sheet.
This role is responsible for ensuring that clear, accurate, timely, reporting and analysis is delivered to management to support robust planning, excellent cost control and commercial decision making and investments. . The role also has responsibility for the budgeting and forecasting process, and cash flow modelling.
Financial accounting and reporting
- Preparation of stand-alone financial statements (under IFRS) and as appropriate other statutory and legal filings for relevant entities. A consolidation of these accounts may also be required.
- Preparation of quarterly management accounts - with robust variance analysis support to enable relevant questioning of potential risks and opportunities
- Day to day operations will include working with our central AP, AR and cash management hub based in Leicester to process invoices, raise POs and complete reconciliations
- A clear and thorough understanding of the balance sheet and management of the same
- Complete the year-end audit of the financial statements working with external auditors
- Preparation of board materials and relevant financial and non-financial information for Board meetings which will require working together with a number of individuals
- Tax compliance is outsourced to a third party but support will be required to provide information to the advisers
Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A)
- Build the annual Budget/Forecast & 5 year Plan for the investment portfolio, under the broader direction of the Group Finance Director and Head of Asset Management
- Support the preparation of business cases in the application for funds/capital with financial modelling and analysis, including financial measures such as NPV, IRR and payback periods.
- Review the financial data of potential applicants
- Complete post investment reviews, considering the wider implications on the business outside of their immediate area of expertise
- Prepare ad hoc analysis as required
Treasury & Other
- Prepare cash flow forecasts for the investment portfolio
- Banking, payment runs and building a good relationship with central finance hub in Leicester
- Work with external managing agents to ensure a strong relationship and good communication
- Build effective working relationships with stakeholders across the business
- Held a number of previous roles across a broad spread of finance areas
- ACA/ACCA qualified accountant with at least five years post qualified experience
Personal Attributes/ Behavioural Skills
- Curious, analytical and numerate
- Competently applies their technical qualification and ethics to the situations at hand, seeking out assistance where needed
- Good verbal and written presentation skills, able to adapt their style to the audience
- Acts with authenticity, honesty and integrity
- Works effectively and collaboratively cross functionally