We are looking for the best applicant for the role and flexible working is an option for the right candidate - including home working, flexible hours and job share.
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. We help organizations around the world achieve their ambitions by owning, occupying and investing in real estate.
We’re a Fortune 500 company. We work across 80 countries, in 280 different offices, with a team of over 77,000 individuals. And we look after a property portfolio of over 4bn square feet, all on behalf of our clients.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. At JLL, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections through sharing different perspectives, and you’ll be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions – join us at JLL!
We are looking for a Client Accountant within our Property & Asset Management Division.
Based in our Norwich office the role will report into the Client Accounts Team Leader, taking on responsibility for financial management and regular financial reporting to client within a designated property portfolio, ensuring that statutory and regulatory requirements, including those of HM Revenue and Customs and the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors, are satisfied. The Client Accountant will work alongside the Directors and Associate Directors of Client Accounts to create an industry leading Client Accounts Team, which is already considered a Centre of Excellence both internally and externally.
What this job involves
- Trial Balance Reporting, VAT Reporting and any other additional reports or requirements to clients, surveyors, and solicitors where appropriate.
- Be the main point of contact for the client for day to day queries on the portfolio.
- Full knowledge and accountability of your portfolios including client accounting reports and monitoring completeness of the tasks performed by accounts administrator.
- Ensure the smooth running of the portfolio including timely and accurate accounts reporting to clients, monitoring of funding, and completing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Ensure KPI’s for the portfolio are identified and resolved in a line with the procedure to ensure these are kept to a minimum.
- Liaise with Surveyors on the portfolio, acting on and providing information in a timely manner.
- Work with the team to ensure there are no backlogs of work. Attend regular Accounts and Surveying meetings and work with them to ensure client expectations are achieved.
- Attend client meetings when required and work with clients to understand their needs, interpret their demands and respond appropriately.
- Work with the Transitions Team on the management in and out of clients and properties.
- Liaise with service charge analysts to ensure all service charges in the portfolio are closed within the contractually agreed deadlines.
- Ensure both Company and legislative procedures and controls including ISAE3402 are adhered to.
- Any other duties necessary to ensure the efficient running of the portfolio.
Sound like you? To apply you need to be/have:
- Preferable, recognised accountancy qualification or working towards (ACCA, ACA or CIMA) and/or substantial accounting and/or management operations experience.
- Strong Excel skills, to pivot table, VLookup level.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook required and knowledge of Client Systems (Yardi/MRI/Horizon) would be advantageous.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be flexible and able to work under pressure, multi task and effectively prioritise.
- Organised, with attention to detail and able to work to tight deadlines. Able to apply common sense.
What you can expect from us
You’ll join an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. One where we succeed together – across the desk and around the globe. Where like-minded people work naturally together to achieve great things.
As a diverse and inclusive employer, JLL strives to contribute to the lasting values for clients, employees, shareholders, communities and our industry. Everything we do today should work towards Building a Better Tomorrow. Click here to learn more about JLL’s D&I commitment. We are very open to applications from people considering part-time, job-share and flexible working arrangements (please talk to us about thius when you apply).
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, wellbeing, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
Join us to develop your strengths and enjoy a fulfilling career full of varied experiences. Keep those ambitions in sights and imagine where JLL can take you...
We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package
Location: Austin House, Norwich
Job Opening Date: 20 February 2018
Job Closing Date: 31 May 2018