Client and Office Manager
Client and Office Manager Position with London Speech Workshop
London Speech Workshop delivers high quality communication skills training to professionals in London and the UK. Our training combines psychology and performance through our unique methodology, the Serlin Method™.
Well-established in the market since 2008, we have a team of coaches who work with a vast cross section of clients including MPs, ex-Prime Ministers, business executives and professionals helping them be more confident, effective communicators. Clients include EY (Ernst & Young), the 2018 Korean Olympic Bid team, the Times Newspaper group and FTSE 100 companies including Goldman Sachs, McKinsey, Deutsche Bank and Credit Suisse.
We are now looking for a highly capable, personable Office and Client Manager to join our team. This role offers a chance to join a company that is committed to helping people be the best communicators they can be; increasing their confidence and effectiveness in work and life.
You will join as the next in command from the director, running the day to day operations of the business. Central to the role is ensuring that all clients feel supported, that people receive excellent customer service at every step of the way and that the operations and administration of the company runs smoothly efficiently.
The post holder will also be the first point of call for our coaches, assisting them with administrative support where required. There is also the opportunity for the Client and Office Manager to get involved with and be a sounding board for the future strategic direction of the business, business growth and development.
Our culture is very important to us and positivity, excellence, and collaboration are essential. You will be part of a small and dynamic team, who are passionate about delivering quality and excellence. This would suit someone with an interest in psychology and /or communication. This is predominantly a homeworking role so suits someone who likes flexible working, and has a good home office set up.
There will be a bonus in the first year, and the possibility of profit share in subsequent years. There is the possibility of equity in the company down the line.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Handling all inbound enquiries, managing client bookings and coaches’ calendars
- Support on-boarding of new clients and renewal of existing clients
- Ensure client satisfaction, retention, operational efficiency and quality
- Running client database.
- Partner with MD to identify improvements for the client relationship strategy, systems and processes.
* Ensuring our 2 office locations are well-stocked and in order
* Overseeing coaches’ administrative and practical duties
* Leading on one-off projects as and when required
To be considered you must be:
- Highly motivated, managing own time and working alone
- High attention to detail
- High emotional intelligence
- Proactive initiative taker and problem solver
- Passion for excellence
- Good listening skills
- Good writing skills
- Naturally organized
- Good speaking voice
- Interest in psychology and communication
Skills and experience Essential
- Managing multiple calendars and diaries
- Managing and maintaining a database of client details
- Processing payments
- Client relationship management in a b to c setting
- IT literate (Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint and Excel) – experience of working with multiple software packages and systems
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritising a busy workload and multi-tasking
- 2+ years experience of working in an office
- Highly numerate and literate, with strong skills in using MS Office, G Suite, Dropbox
- Office management including maintaining supplies in office environment
- Experience of using a CRM system (we use HubSpot, but experience of SalesForce or something similar would also be advantageous)
The role is partly home based so you’ll need a good, quiet home-office, with broadband. A phone is provided.
**Application Process **
To apply please send a voice memo of 1 to 2 minutes to email@example.com answering the following:
- Your full name
- Why you think you are suitable for the role
- What you see as your 3 key skills you would bring to London Speech Workshop
- Why you want to work for London Speech Workshop
- Your earliest possible start date.
Please also send a brief covering email and your CV.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
SALARY: £34,000 to £40000 depending on experience
HOURS: Office hours 9am to 5.30pm
ANNUAL LEAVE: 25 days per year pro rata from starting date.
PLACE OF WORK: Homeworking with 2 days a week in North West London location (Golders Green).