Want to be part of an inspiring and awesome team? Then this role could be the one you are looking for! Our client, a leading accountancy practice, is looking for an Account Senior (Accountant). Working at their Bletchley office you will work with their broad range of business and personal clients to provide an excellent level of service. Currently a small, friendly team of 4 they are now looking to supplement as the business is growing. Apart from the more general accountancy services, they also assist with business development and specialist tax services.
Key Responsibilities of the Accountant will include:
- Accounts preparation – Limited companies, Sole traders, Partnerships etc
- Personal Tax return preparation
- Corporation Tax return preparation
- Client meetings and dealing with client communications
- Liaising with HMRC & Companies House
- Manage workload to ensure that deadlines are met
- Assisting with training of junior staff under the manager’s direction
- Working closely with other internal departments - Payroll and Bookkeeping
- Adhere to the firm’s systems and policies
- The successful Accountant will need to have a number of years’ experience with strong technical ability, good organisational/delegation skills.
- You will also need to be confident, reliable, and enthusiastic with a good sense of humour.
- Any knowledge of Iris, QuickBooks, Sage or Xero would be desirable.
- Relevant Accountancy qualification(s) (AAT, part/qualified ACCA/CIMA) would be advantageous.
The Accountant post is seeking c.22 hours per week and could be spread over 3-5 days. Additional hours up to 30 per week can also be considered for the right person. They are very family friendly and open to flexible working arrangements during school holidays. A salary of c.£35 pro rata is on offer. The role is based in Bletchley. They will also consider support for further training and development.
If you are interested, please apply with a covering letter setting out your matching skills and experience as soon as possible.