IT Operations Manager
Are you keen to make the most of your IT knowledge? Do you enjoy the challenge of solving technical IT challenges? Are you looking to use your skills to help your colleagues excel in their roles and provide exceptional customer service? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As an IT Operations Manager, you will support with the management of our amazing Engineers, along with the release process of new game changing environments and their maintenance. You will lead from the front to deliver amazing customer service to all colleagues across the Bank and show a can do attitude by solving problems.
So what would you be doing?...
• Taking responsibility for the core server networking infrastructure
• Manging releases and rollbacks, troubleshooting and resolving issues
• Making sure best practice is followed so a world class customer service is being provided
• Maintaining our near live environments
• Providing out of hours support
• Supporting and nurturing your team
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Extensive experience as an IT Operations Engineer
• Some experience of leading would be great, but this is also an opportunity to grow into a leadership role
• Ideally you will have experience in financial services or another bank, but this is not essential
• Knowledge of JBoss or IBM integration
• Unix/Redhat Linux experience, including Shell scripting
• Experience of troubleshooting and technical support
Thanks for reading our job advert. We do our very best to bring to life what it’s like working as part of the team at Metro Bank. We also know that sometimes some candidates especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they think they can tick every box. So if you are really excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… go on… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!