Portfolio Analytics Manager
Do you love delving into data? Are you keen on crunching numbers to extract the best business insights possible? Do you want to join a Bank that has recently achieved record breaking growth? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
Metro Bank have committed to ring-fencing £1 billion of funds this year to support businesses across the UK. As a Portfolio Analytics Manager for Business and Commercial Lending, you will help support this growth in a safe and sustainable way to create fans. You will be part of our amazing Credit Risk Policy team, where you will put together policies, rules and risk grading systems, for our product offering to business and commercial customers.
So what would you be doing?...
• Owning the credit risk policies for business and commercial lending
• Analysing and processing data using SAS and Excel
• Generating reports, ad-hoc analysis and forecasts to provide meaningful insights
• Monitoring risk trends of the commercial portfolio
• Developing and applying commercial lending scorecards
• Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Extensive experience in Credit Risk or Portfolio Analytics
• In-depth knowledge of business and commercial lending products
• Proficient with SAS/SQL and Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Bureau and specialist commercial risk data would be great!
• A degree in a numerical or technical field (or overseas equivalent) is not essential but would be amazing!
Thanks for reading our job advert. We do our very best to bring to life what it’s like working as part of the team at Metro Bank. We also know that sometimes some candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they think they can tick every box. So if you are really excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… go on… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!