Quantitative Risk Manager
Do you love delving into data? Can you guide and nurture colleagues on the right processes? Are you looking to dive into a new challenge where you can implement new game changing procedures? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Lead Credit Risk Analytics Manager, you will identify where and how we source our data to assess its validity, risk and adherence. You will then develop frameworks to improve the quality of our process and set out key guidance to help the bank grow in a safe and sustainable way. You will be instrumental in implementing statistical or machine learning techniques and developing predictive models to help set out our risk strategy.
So what will you be doing?...
• Building a new data risk function within the Credit Risk and Analytics team
• Creating models to give insight into trends within emerging enterprise risk
• Assessing and understanding risks the Bank is facing
• Advising on how to mitigate and control risk
• Testing frameworks against our risk appetite
• Interpreting and making sense of unstructured data
You need to be this kind of person…
out providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Comfortable prioritising several tasks and pieces of work
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• You must be able to extract data using SAS or SQL and have previously worked within a statistical role
• You need to have previously worked as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Credit Risk Analyst or similar role
• The ability to work with and process unstructured data and be able to present your findings and ideas to stakeholder
• You will be able to create models for operational risk
• Experience of working with a variety of modelling types such as neural networks
• You need a sound knowledge of regulations and legislations relating to data
Thanks for reading our job advert. We do our very best to bring to life what it’s like working as part of the team at Metro Bank. We also know that sometimes some candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they think they can tick every box. So if you are really excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… go on… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!