Our Commercial Partnerships team consists of the Outsource Management and Procurement teams who ensure that the evaluation, selection, contractual and commercial arrangements, ongoing oversight and management of suppliers meet our policy and business requirements. The team also work to enhance the end to end lifecycle of managing our partners, providing procurement, governance and commercial expertise and leadership.
As Buyer/Category Specialist, you will drive the procurement activities for a number of categories of spend, with the goal of achieving significant cost reductions, at the same time improving service to stakeholders and ensuring continuity of supply.
You will self-manage your work load in a decentralised procurement environment where you will build robust working relationships across the business to develop, implement and maintain appropriate Category Strategies. You will work closely to enhance value to Phoenix from effective and sustainable supply relationships.
You will be expected to influence the business in strategic sourcing and procurement best practices to capture real savings while making effective, timely and sustainable supply base decisions. This includes direct savings captured through consolidating company-wide purchasing volume and applying operational and commercial levers to reduce cost and managing contracts with suppliers.
You will also be involved in:
- working closely with key stakeholders to develop and implement effective category strategies
- leading cost reduction opportunities and driving supplier management activity
- identifying, prioritising and implementing a pipeline of value enhancing opportunities within the categories
- running complex, high-value and time-bound sourcing initiatives, ensuring full compliance with the Phoenix Sourcing & Procurement Policy and processes
What we are looking for:
You will have a business degree, or equivalent demonstrable experience, and will be a full member of CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply). Ideally, you will be working towards, or have attained, your Chartered Buyer status.
With your purchasing experience, ideally gained in a general, multi category function in a financial services or highly regulated environment, you are now looking to secure a career path in a business like ours. You will be able to demonstrate:
- your understanding of risk management practices, clearly identifying risk mitigation actions
- significant commercial contract law knowledge
- proven experience of developing category and supplier strategies
- your extensive technical knowledge of Procurement and Finance systems (Oracle)
- your ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving dynamic financial environment
- managing to a tight budget and deadlines
- your experience of leading/participating in cross-functional and/or virtual teams
- your advanced skills in analysis/synthesis in the application of a range of commercial models, with a focus on driving value to stakeholders
About the company:
We value our employees highly and have been Britain's Top Employer for the last six consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix, our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. Our amazing facilities at Wythall offer free lunches at our onsite restaurant, nature trail walk, putting green, free car parking, subsidised onsite sport facilities including gym, football & cricket pitches, tennis courts, excellent rewards schemes…we could go on! We're proud of what we do, and we've recently gained recognition for our distinctive business model. We offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
Closing date: Sunday 15th July 2018.