Commercial Credit Risk Analyst
Benefits: Our fabulous benefits package includes all of the usual stuff plus eligibility for our share options schemes and a cash bonus
Do you have the drive to delve into data every day? Are you keen on crunching numbers to extract the best business insights possible? Are you keen to utilise your credit risk knowledge to make a real contribution towards your company’s growth? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As a Commercial Credit Risk Analyst, you will support Metro Bank’s growth by supporting the lending policies, rules and systems. You will create and maintain relationships with colleagues across the Bank and liaise with external audit companies. Your work will be on a project by project basis, taking responsibility for all areas of commercial risk.
So what would you be doing?...
• Analysing and processing large volumes of data using SAS
• Managing the credit risk policies and their associated systems and infrastructure
• Developing new credit strategies to benefit our customers
• Generating reports, ad-hoc analysis and forecasts to provide insight into portfolio and segment trends
• Submitting and analysing retrospective bureau data
• Working closely with leaders on the development and roll out of new products and services
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Proficient in using SAS/SQL/SPSS
• Relevant experience as a Commercial Credit Risk Analyst within a bank or financial services
• Understanding of Commercial lending products would be great
• Clear understanding of bureau and specialist commercial risk data
Thanks for reading our job advert. We do our very best to bring to life what it’s like working as part of the team at Metro Bank. We also know that sometimes some candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they think they can tick every box. So if you are really excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… go on… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!