Do you consider yourself an all-star when it comes to SQL development? Are you a genuine technological innovator? Are you looking for a challenge like no other? If yes then we may have the role for you!
As a SQL developer, you will be part of our award winning Data Services team reporting to the Business Intelligence (BI) Manager. You will maintain our BI reporting server, whilst taking requests from colleagues to support data driven decisions.
So what would you be doing?...
• Developing technical designs in line with Metro Bank’s requirements
• Developing and maintaining the operational data warehouse
• Creating reports from the Operational Data Store (ODS) database and supporting on any major incidents
• Producing clear and simple technical solutions from our data
• Collaborating with third party providers
• Supporting non-technical users in understanding often complex data streams
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Extensive experience in SQL Development
• Exceptional T-SQL skills, including the ability to create stored procedures, advanced queries, functions and triggers
• You will have strong data modelling experience, ideally with Tabular, Kimball, and DAX
• A background in SSIS with the ability to design and develop ETL packages is essential for this role
Thanks for reading our job advert. We do our very best to bring to life what it’s like working as part of the team at Metro Bank. We also know that sometimes some candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they think they can tick every box. So if you are really excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… go on… why not give it a whirl? Good luck!