Orsa Saiwai (www.orsasaiwai.com) is a specialist provider in Corporate Management and Business Support Services.
Since 2007, we have been advising and assisting small, medium and large international corporations through every stage of their U.K. and E.U. growth and development.
We provide corporate management, corporate structuring, corporate administration, financial accounting and HR support services to US and non-EU based companies, seeking to setup permanent establishments in the U.K., Ireland and the E.U.
We provide guidance, advice and support through all stages of the process, from market entry evaluation to inception and expansion.
Our client base is predominantly in the energy, pharmaceutical and technology sectors.
We are seeking a Financial Accountant, on a flexible 2-3 day-a-week basis, to support our varied international client base.
You will be have a robust technical knowledge of all aspects of accounting including; management accounts, VAT, year-end statutory accounts, corporation tax, financial reporting and IFRS compliance and will;
- Timely and accurately prepare clients’ monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports in line with UK statutory and IFRS (in particular FRS02)
- Be responsible for all accounting policies and procedures including, effective internal controls and documentation to ensure compliance with all designated laws and regulations for IFRS financial and tax reporting.
- Perform general accounting functions including, but not limited to the following; month-end closing, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, AP, AR, GL, journal entries, cash flow management, bank reconciliations, audit schedules, monthly variance analysis, fixed / intangible assets, and record monthly accrual of expenses.
- Co-ordinate activities with external auditors and other advisors.
- Assist in corporate tax return preparation.
- Have a solid knowledge in financial planning/budgeting and accounting.
- Have the ability to function in a “hands-on”, small business environment.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of progressive accounting experience, working with start-up and SME clients
- Professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Solid knowledge in financial planning/budgeting and accounting
- Strong knowledge of accounting software and systems, specifically, Excel and Quickbooks plus ideally, Xero and Netsuite
- A confident and articulate communicator, comfortable with regular client contact, predominantly, via phone and email
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous tasks and projects and resolve challenging financial and issues
- Ability to multi-task, and deliver to deadlines
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills
- Knowledge of USA GAAP would be also desirable
- A hands-on, team player with some experience of working in a small to medium sized business environment