Personal Tax Manager - part time or full time - flexible working
This company is one of the largest independent chartered accountancy groups in the West of England. They have offices across the south west, and this job can be based in their Swindon or Taunton offices, allowing a great deal of flexibility of location for candidates. They have a loyal client base and firmly believe in establishing close relationships with their clients.
They fully support flexible working, with many of their colleagues working in flexible patterns across the week, and welcome applications from individuals returning to work after a break from accountancy practice.
To maintain a productive relationship with all clients in designated portfolio, maintaining regular contact, completing all the necessary paperwork and answering a range of specific tax queries.
General Personal Tax Activities
- Research specialised tax issues as required
- Plan the department’s work effectively assessing the resources and time required, and remind clients when they need to supply their tax information to meet the statutory deadlines
- Delegate work as appropriate, ensuring that employees have the appropriate skills and knowledge to complete the tasks, and providing guidance and direction as required
- Ensure that that team provides an excellent level of service to clients
- Ensure that all fee notes for department managed clients are generated and sent out in line with partner and client requirements
- Ensure that all budgets and timescales are met by employees for whom you have responsibility
- Ensure that policies and procedures are implemented effectively, delegating activities to team members as appropriate
- Ensure that any resourcing, performance, development or other employment issues are dealt with in a fair and equitable manner, informing the tax director and partner as appropriate
- Undertake regular performance reviews for direct reports (at least twice yearly)
- Provide direction, counselling, coaching, feedback and support to employees as necessary helping to motivate them and maintain team morale
- Provide feedback to tax director and partners on team or business activities to ensure that they are fully aware of any issues
- Develop proactive internal links between all tax functions in order to maintain a consistent approach to the provision of client services.
- Contribute to the monthly management meetings, discussing staffing, billing, management and client issues and updating each other on progress
- Provide technical training and research documents on topics agreed with the tax director and partner
- Actively monitor team targets and budgets, reporting variances on a monthly basis along with corrective/remedial actions to be taken.
- Work with the private client tax partner, the tax director and the private client tax consultancy team to identify and develop new opportunities and services
- Lead the relationships with other professionals and work connectors in the West Wiltshire market, developing those relationships to successfully win work
- Work closely with the Bath office to ensure that business development is supported in the Bath market as well as the West Wiltshire market
- Lead in identifying and acting on all potential opportunities for providing additional services to existing clients
- Actively support all sales, promotional, marketing and networking activities of the organisation either to current clients or targets
- Write technical articles for publication, contributing to newsletters as required, presenting at client, industry and professional seminars and training days
Education & Qualifications
- Qualified ACA/ACCA
- CTA qualified
Experience & Knowledge
- At least 10 years relevant experience in a client-facing role
- Demonstrable tax advisery experience
- Excellent working IT knowledge (word/excel, etc.)
This is a permanent position, either part time or full time, hours and days negotiable.
Swindon or Taunton (location most convenient for candidate) plus travel to other office and client premises as required