Purpose of Job
To provide technical adminstrative support for new build and building works operations,including estimating , pricing contract prepration and submissions,schedulling, liason with suppliers, agents,clients,building control, architects, and planning agencies to ensure delivery of contracts and company targets .
Responsible to : Technical and Construction Manager
- To provide administrative support on multiple projects, including new build and building works,estimating works,costs, contract preparations, pricing and sites supervision.
- To provide high quality technical, administrative and analytical support to the Technical and Construction Team.
- To assist in the preparation of project plans, contracts administration and delivery of all projects.
- To undertake purchasing of materials and delivery to sites , supplier payments, dealing with sub-contractors and professional bodies, arranging works etc.
- Adminisatration of project management control sheets for each development at start of each project to track work force performance to key targets and mile stone dates throughout the build and works processes.
- To arrange and implement all utilities needed for new residential sites, including seeking up to date information all sustainable best practice.
- Researching, compiling and sourcing and purchasing best and most competitively price materials from suppliers of new build products and materials, making sure they are delivered to site on time and to budget
- To coordinate and collate all information necessary for the pricing, contract submissions and for the invoicing of all jobs.
- To report progress on projects by suitable media to senior management, maintaining and update project reports, checkpoints and financial information for effective and efficient contract adminisatration.
- To assist in putting in place proper plans and schedules for proper excution and delivery of building works and new developments , including the sourcing and selection of sub contractor quotations.
- Assit in dminstration of accurate calculation of all site management and preliminary costs for all new buiding projects from inception to completion of build and handover to clients, and that all such calculations inform all costings, pricing and invoicing for the works undertaken by the company.
- To undertake research on the amount of materials necessary to deliver contracts against agreed specifications, including the cost of plant and equipment.
- To provide technicl admin support on the scheduling, and programming for all the company’s works.
- To undertake any other duties as required to meet the needs of the company.
Qualifications and requirements
- Previous adminstrative experience of building contruction and management works is essential
- Keen interest in projects management, or studying to become a projects manager
- Ability to multitask and to prioritise and plan own workload without supervision
- Excellent adminstrative management , numerical , verbal and written communication skills
- High degree of computer literacy, in particular medium to advance level in Microsoft applications - word processing, spreadsheets, databases, file management etc.
- 5 years plus admin management experience in the building industry.
Competencies (in order of importance)
- Possess good organizational and technical admin skills relevant to the role with the ability to problem solve, pay attention to detail and deliver work to a high standard and to tight deadlines.
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
Lines of communication
- Working to Construction and Technical Manager as part of a team delivering key targets for growth, including Office Manager, and Marketing and Sales
- Flexible hours of working availble and to be agreed.
- £18,000-£25,000 pro rata based on agreed working hours