Manager - Audit - part time or full time
6 days left
- Contract Type
This company is one of the largest independent chartered accountancy groups in the West of England. They have offices across the south west, and this job can be based in either their Bath or Trowbridge offices. They have a loyal client base and firmly believe in establishing close relationships with their clients.
They fully support flexible working, with many of their colleagues working in flexible patterns across the week, and welcome applications from individuals returning to work after a break from accountancy practice.
- To lead a team in the co-ordination and execution of corporate and other audits.
- Direct responsibility for small team of auditing staff and indirect responsibility for a variety of Accounting professionals within the Compliance Team.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Ensuring that clients receive an appropriate level of service to meet their business needs by:
- Managing all aspects of the audit process through to completion for assigned clients.
- Managing a small team of professionals by providing ongoing feedback, support and training.
- Developing and maintaining productive relationships with all assigned clients.
- Co-ordinating with the Partners and other Managers in the effective utilisation of audit manpower across the Practice.
- Providing technical assistance across both Audit and Accounts as the plan requires.
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are implemented effectively, delegating activities to team members as appropriate.
- Contributing to management meetings, staff discussions, billing, management and client issues.
- Contributing to the overall management of the Compliance Team by working closely with the Business Services Manager as required.
- Providing support, training and feedback to junior members of staff.
- Complying with procedure required under Practice Assurance, Money Laundering and Designated Professional Body regulations.
- Maintaining a CPD record and keeping up to date to maintain both individual and the firm’s obligations.
- Being proactive in identifying opportunities for the provision of additional services advising more senior staff of these.
- Actively supporting all sales, tender, promotional, marketing and networking activities of the organisation either to current clients or targets.
Education & Qualifications
ACA/ACCA with at least 2 years’ post-qualification experience or demonstrable qualified by experience.
Experience and Knowledge
- Demonstrable audit experience
- Involvement in planning, delivery and completion of audits at a managerial level
- Experience of managing a team
- Use of IT systems
- Experience of specialist audits (desirable)
- Use of IRIS Software (desirable)
- Experience of Audit compliance activity (QAD visits/cold reviews etc.) (desirable)
Skills & Abilities
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills
- Able to work in an organised manner to strict deadlines – planning, diary management, department systems set up and maintained
- Interpersonal skills – able to build relationships both internally and with clients
- Client care skills
Disposition & Attitude
- Positive and outgoing
- Self-sufficient when necessary and able to work alone for periods of time
- Tact and diplomacy – able to explain issues to colleagues, partners & clients
- Organised, methodical, detail conscious
- Self-confident and able to demonstrate effective use of personal judgement
- Flexibility – able to deal with changing priorities, deadlines and circumstances, willing to work with others
- Discreet and confidential – able to stand their ground where necessary regarding queries from others
- Creative – ideas to assist in meeting client expectations
- Mobility across company’s offices and client sites
- Flexibility to work outside of normal office hours as required
- Expected to participate in networking and business development events outside of working hours
- Open to those having had a career break from working in an accountancy practice – no more than 5 years ideally, showing ability to demonstrate knowledge of changes in industry during that time
This is a permanent position, either part time or full time, hours and days negotiable.
Bath or Trowbridge plus travel to other office and client premises as required
Apply for Manager - Audit - part time or full time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly