Senior Cost Planning Manager
6 days left
- Contract Type
The development business workload has increased over the last 6 months to include Euston Station and High Road West. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work on either these new projects or our existing projects in delivery like Elephant Park, Deptford & IQL depending on where their skills are best suited.
The Senior Cost Planning Manager shall oversee research and in-depth analysis, acting as a subject matter expert, to provide input and support into policy, administration, collection, measurement, analysis, interpretation, portrayal and dissemination of cost planning information to achieve organisational objectives.
Essential skills and experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in a related technical discipline, combined with extensive experience across multiple roles.
- Experience in a cost planning role and in undertaking complex and high-volume business processes, and/or expert knowledge of the construction and property development industry, and surveying principles, processes, analysis and techniques and the formulation and implementation of surveying plans.
- Strong problem solving, technical and analytical skills to support the implementation of organisational policies, procedures and programs and surveying operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Duties & accountabilities:
- Accountable for all financial inputs into the project cost plan.
- Responsible for setting and establishing the cost planning strategy and assessing resource requirements for agreement and allocation by Management.
- Ensure cost plan compliance with the brief / authority / financiers / customer requirements during the conversion stage.
- Conduct research and in-depth analysis which may include review of calculations, source maps, survey data, photographs and computer records.
- Maintain current knowledge, recommend, develop and implement alternative solutions
- In large or complex projects, provide cost planning guidance for the cost planning resources.
- Prepare reports applying subject matter expertise and assessment to inform decision-making and reviews, and maintain timely information in compliance with reporting requirements.
- Provide input into policy, administration, collection, measurement, analysis, interpretation, portrayal and dissemination; this may include collecting data and recording information, completing and collating field surveys, supporting the identification of opportunities and drawing up plans to ensure that cost and project objectives are achieved.
- Maintain internal and external relationships.
- Act as an escalation point for other cost planners.