Part Time Financial Controller, Property, Richmond
Part Time Financial Controller, Property, Richmond (scope for some remote working). 21-28 hours (3 to 4 days) per week. £40-45K FTE, depending on experience. (ref: 1825)
Our client are a family owned private property investment and development company, established in the 1960s. The company has a diverse portfolio of commercial real estate investments & developments within the thriving M4 corridor & Thames Valley markets.
The company currently manages an unleveraged £50m+ property portfolio with significant potential for further growth. This role provides a great opportunity for an able and commercial financial controller to join our small but dynamic team.
This is an all-encompassing role which offers candidates the opportunity to improve and drive the business forward. Candidates will have total responsibility of finance and report directly to the MD.
The main responsibilities of this role include:
- Production of qtly management accounts and supporting commentary for the group
- Preparation of supporting schedules for year-end statutory accounts
- Preparation & reconciliation of Service charge budgets/ accounts
- Preparation of VAT returns and filing with HMRC
- Effective credit control function
- Budget/ Forecasting
- Preparation of development project financial appraisals & progress reporting
- Process all bank payments & receipts / Monthly bank reconciliation
- Maintenance of Propman accounting system
- Reviewing all purchase invoices for approval by MD
- Payroll / Processing staff expense claims
- Management of workplace pension
- Preparation of qtly management charges & rent collection fees
- Preparation of annual accounts for charity Trust
The ideal applicant will be self-motivated, ambitious with good knowledge base. The position provides the opportunity to influence and play a key role within the business. Our client are seeking candidates who can keep to strict deadlines, communicate effectively and be comfortable dealing with both high-level strategic accounting as well as the day to day bookkeeping.
The successful candidate will be –
- Fully qualified or qualified by experience (within a similar role)
- An excellent communicator (written & verbal)
- Self -motivated and comfortable working alone
- Previous experience working in real estate sector helpful but not essential
This permanent role is being offered on a part time basis of 3 or 4 days per week with a full time equivalent salary of £40-45K. Pension and 20 days holiday, plus bank holidays FTE. Based in Richmond.