2 days left
- Contract Type
We are looking for an experienced qualified Pensions Accountant to join our small yet busy Pensions Team based in our Group Head Office in Swindon, Wiltshire.
The main purpose of this role is to provide a full accounting service for the WHSmith Pension Trust, Retirement Savings Plan and UNS Retirement Benefits Scheme within sponsors and statutory guidelines to enable efficient financial control of the schemes.
Key accountabilities of the role:
* To produce the Pension Trust, Pensionbuilder and UNS associated annual reports and accounts.
* To produce the annual report and financial statements for the Pension Trust and Pensionbuilder Trustee companies
* To collate and prepare the Pension Trust administration budget for approval by the Sponsors and Trustees
* To supervise and check all aspects of the work of the Accounts Assistant including their annual appraisals.
* To oversee the cash management of all bank accounts
* To ensure that the correct monthly pension contributions are received, loaded, reconciled and invested and that any problems are reconciled within the required deadlines.
* To ensure that investments/disinvestments of assets are carried out at the optimum time.
* Complete statutory returns and makes any required payments within the correct timeframe
* Manage key stakeholder relationships including; investment managers, custodians, external auditors and both financial and non financial stake holders across the business.
Who are we looking for?
* Ideally we are looking for a qualified accountant with a background in Pensions accounting
* You will be conversant with current legislation and HMRC regulations
* You will have the ability to manage, motivate, develop and lead team members
* You will be computer literate including excellent Excel skills
* You will make accounting decisions on a day to day basis, many without referral - for example cash requirements, payment of administration expenses and allocation of costs. The planning of work revolves around the departmental and statutory timeframes and he/she must organise their work accordingly
* You will have exceptional data analysis skills to interpret and present complex data to help influence business decisions
* You will have the ability to interact with key stakeholders and teams across the business including Board members with credibility and persuasion
* You will possess strong commercial acumen.
What's in it for you?
We're a company that values our people; from day one you will receive ongoing support and have access to our various training and development programmes as well as exciting career development opportunities for your future. We offer a wide range of benefits to say thank you for all your hard work including; a competitive salary, a profit related bonus, car allowance, 25 days holiday plus your birthday off, pension scheme, as well as other perks such as our popular holiday trading scheme.