At Amey we have ambitious growth plans for our Consulting Property team and are looking for a Project Manager to report into our Programme Management Office (PMO). This role would see the successful applicant working alongside a team of building surveyors, architects, mechanical and electrical design experts by supporting the delivery of a range of property-focussed projects. The role will champion robust resource management and successful team delivery.
What is the purpose of this role?
- Support a wide range of multidisciplinary or single discipline projects alongside technical experts in accordance with agreed standards and procedures throughout the preparation, design, procurement, delivery and closure stages.
- Contribute to the tracking and reporting of progress ensuring adherence to time, cost and customer expectations. Act decisively with team members to rectify any adverse circumstances that threaten the delivery of the quality and programme agreed with the client. Maintain regular liaison with all stakeholders on the progress of projects.
- Work collaboratively and constructively with all employees in the project team.
- Contribute to outline fee proposals and the supporting of bids (work winning), business cases etc. Implement business improvements when opportunities arise.
- Maintain and develop key client contacts to maximise future business opportunities .
What are we looking for?
- Degree qualification (or equivalent), preferably in a suitable project-management based discipline.
- PRINCE 2 / APM or similar industry standard certification.
- Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS Office suite and able to use project management software – e.g. Excel, MS Project (intermediate level)
- Proven ability to deliver within a team environment with a dedicated approach to meeting project deadlines
- Ability to respond to challenges quickly, resolve issues pragmatically and work collaboratively and dynamically with the wider team whilst keeping to set cost (and margin) parameters.
- Good written, oral communication, organisational and influencing
- Able to implement and support a customer-centric approach with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Previous experience in a related industry sector (Desirable)
- Maintains and champions high professional standards, consistent with Amey values. (Putting People First; Delivering Great Service; Creating Better Solutions).
At Amey Consulting, we specialise in intelligent interventions rooted in practical thinking; because uniquely, our plans and designs are shaped by our expertise in delivery. We think – and act – in terms of grounded, everyday impacts. We listen to our clients and immerse ourselves in their world. It’s what we are proud of, it’s what sets us apart, it’s part of our heritage and our future.
Our agile team of consultants, engineers and designers are united by their desire to champion the infrastructure around us, because ‘better places’ demand better asset innovations: longer lasting, harder working and better performing – as well as more sustainable. It’s about end-to-end solutions with day-to-day impacts. Our team of 3,000 experts are hands on: dedicated to solving client-centered problems by avoiding cookie-cutter solutions. We leverage client insight; real-time data science; asset analytics; smart planning and design; as well as network and asset management capabilities to transform how our transport, utilities, property and public assets perform, day in, day out.