Since we started operating over a century ago Larking Gowen has been one of East Anglia’s leading Independent Accountancy Firms, we provide integrated advice and solutions to help our clients achieve their goals and stay ahead in a changing world.
The services we offer will range from Audit to Business Advisory and as a Firm we are continuously evolving to ensure we remain the partner of choice for our clients.
Alongside this we follow two core values which underpin everything that we do - “passion for our people” and “client value and service”.
But what do these values actually mean?
“Passion for our people” simply translated means that our people are the heart of our business. We value the work our 320 staff do across our 8 offices and to reward their dedication and hard work we offer competitive remuneration packages, innovative wellbeing schemes and the opportunity to further your career in whatever it is you decide to do.
However, we would not be a business without our great clients, so our value of “client value and service” ensures we are working together as one Firm to deliver exceptional support to our clients whatever their circumstances and ambitions.
Our mission over the coming years is to continue to:
Be recognised for the quality of our client work;
Develop our employment proposition; and
To operate as One Team, One Service
We have an exciting future ahead and it would be great if you could join us…
We are seeking experienced Audit Seniors to work in our Corporate Team. We have opportunities throughout East Anglia, working with a range of clients.
As the successful candidate you will demonstrate…
- Adaptability and tenacity when working towards a solution
- Good organisation skills and the ability to operate at a high level of confidentiality
- A desire to collaborate with others and develop relationships (both external and internal)
- Ability to multitask and manage a number of different deliverables
- Strong communication skills both verbally and written
- A positive attitude
In return you will have support to establish your career with Larking Gowen at a pace that suits you both personally and professionally. We will consider flexible working arrangements and also offer benefits that include:
- Flexible working hours and option to buy additional holiday
- Discounted gym membership, regular sports and social events
- Involvement in wellbeing iniatives that include charity events, social activities and therapies
- Employee Assistance Programme providing advice, support services and counselling
- Potential secondments including overseas opportunities Mentor and buddy system to support your career
In return we will provide you with…
- The opportunity to work with an extensive range of local clients
- Access to courses and internal programmes to further your career
- Support to achieve your career ambitions at a pace that suits you
A bit more about the role…
- Ensuring an effective and efficient audit is carried out Involvement in the development of junior members of staff including appropriate delegation and provision of regular feedback
- Preparation drafts of the financial statements including group consolidations
- Production of commercial management reports highlighting audit findings Address, discuss and advance conclusions in respect of technical and audit issues identified during the course of the audit
- Preparation of tender proposals for potential clients
- Preparation of corporation tax computations
- Liaise with in-house tax department on specialist areas such as VAT, R&D, employment tax, inheritance tax and property sales Undertake systems reviews and client secondments
- Assist with advice on group restructuring and the set-up of new companies
- Production of reports to third parties such as banks, other accountancy firms, the FCA and the Charity Commission
- ACA, ACCA qualified or equivalent
- Experience of using Microsoft packages, internet and email