Fundraiser / Business Development, part-time, Bristol CIC, remote working
Business Development and Fundraiser, Bristol based community interest company, office or home based, 16 hours per week, £125 - £150 per day, freelance basis.
We are delighted to be working with this community interest company in Bristol. They create an inclusive opportunity for children with disabilities and illnesses to enjoy dance alongside their friends. While the children explore movement and develop key skills, parents and carers benefit from a vital peer-to-peer support network.
This is a truly unique opportunity to join a fun, creative, ambitious team delivering real social change! In just over three years this community interest company has grown considerably. They have achieved this through a diverse funding strategy. They are now at a pivotal point in their growth and have ambitions to increase their reach both in the UK and internationally and to grow their income enabling them to play an even more significant role in dismantling barriers to inclusion.
They are looking for a positive, can-do individual who can hit the ground running, maximising income through new corporate partners and community supporters. They have worked hard to build a strong community of supporters and corporate relationships and the purpose of this role will be to not only build new partnerships but nurture and develop those existing.
The successful candidates will be responsible for achieving agreed income targets helping to raise their profile amongst corporate supporters and ensuring sustainable funding.
• To identify and develop new corporate partnership opportunities;
• To develop persuasive and innovative fundraising ideas to secure new corporate partners;
• To nurture existing corporate partnerships;
• To ensure all corporate supporters receive engaging and regular communication and updates resulting in ongoing fundraising and development of a long term relationship;
• To inspire and support volunteers and supporters to deliver fundraising activity;
• To meet agreed fundraising targets;
• To identify opportunities to raise awareness amongst corporate partners and within the community;
• To collect and analyse information to accurately target fundraising activities and provide reports to the core team;
• To be aware of and adhere to the Institute of Fundraising Codes of Conduct and Codes of Best Practice;
• Following health & safety and risk management guidelines; and
• To undertake any other tasks or duties that may reasonably be required and agreed in relation to the role.
Skills and Experience
• Experience of developing successful corporate sponsorship;
• Experience of managing corporate relationships;
• Experience of developing community and volunteer support for fundraising activities;
• Ability to really ‘sell’ the uniqueness and sparkle of this community interest group;
• Proven track record of successfully working to fundraising targets;
• Strong motivational skills;
• Good organisation and time-management skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate confidently and effectively;
• A flexible approach and ability to accept challenges and change;
• An understanding and commitment to equal opportunities;
• Satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) Checks at Enhanced level (If you do not already have a DBS check, the employer will arrange for this;.
• Permission to work in the UK;
This is a freelance, self-employed role, 2 days a week (8 days a month) which can be either office or home based.
Place of work: The successful candidate may choose to work from the offices near Bristol or remotely. There will be a requirement to have a monthly face to face meeting with the senior management team.
Hours per week: 16 hours per week, split as the candidate wishes across the week.