We look after the financial future of 5.6 million people across the UK. We take this responsibility incredibly seriously, and need our people to understand and be excited by our strategy and our vision for the future. Your creativity and ability to communicate will play a vital part in us educating and engaging staff with our strategy, driving our use of social media, and facilitating change across the business.
About the role
This unique opportunity within Phoenix allows the freedom to work directly with all levels of stakeholders across our business, including up to Director level in a large financial services setting. You’ll have the space to make creative internal comms decisions and have the chance to make your mark on our organisation through the effective/engaging delivery of our communications at a transformational business level.
Some areas of work you’re going to be delivering on are:
- Helping deliver the Group’s strategic objectives by facilitating valuable conversations and information sharing on our intranet, website and social media channels
- Leading on comms and engagement activity in the London office
- Supporting senior business leads, listening to what they need to get across (at times about quite complex/technical topics), and translating that into exciting and engaging communications in various formats.
You’ll be part of an energetic communications team with responsibility for the creation, ownership and delivery of effective communications plans which support the wider Phoenix engagement activity.
What we’re looking for
- A proven track record within internal communications - having produced effective content across a variety of formats. This should be backed up by copywriting expertise and a keen editorial eye.
- A savvy social media specialist who can develop compelling social content that builds external and internal communities.
- You’ll be able to take a project from concept and ideas creation through to delivery and implementation without regular oversight.
- You’ll be ready for the unexpected to happen and can grasp complex topics quickly and communicate them accurately, whilst remaining calm under pressure.
- Ideally you’ll be great with a computer; it would be great (but not essential) if you have worked with the Adobe Creative Suite, and have worked with SharePoint previously. You’ll also be able to create excellent work in Word and PowerPoint.
- The ability to work largely unsupervised, coupled with plenty of initiative and the flexibility to work over and above expectations as and when the business requires.
- The confidence and know-how to influence stakeholders at all levels and manage their expectations, whilst at the same time always being prepared to challenge the status quo.
- Attention to detail. Often you’ll be the last point of check and balance before communication goes live to the public.
About the company
We value our employees and have been certified as one of 'Britain's Top Employers' for seven consecutive years. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented teams. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix, our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. We're proud of what we do, and we offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.