Are you looking for an IT Systems management role working on a range of development projects? Then making the move to Phoenix offers you the opportunity to apply your systems management expertise and people management ability with the UK’s largest Closed Life and Pension Fund Consolidator.
About the role
We have an opportunity for a forward-thinking IT Manager to define, plan and manage the IT Application support services across Phoenix Group, primarily Investment Operations applications. The service must be optimised for efficiency and use best practice to ensure that a 99.98 availability SLA is maintained. Set within an in-house IT function servicing the business, you will help align technology between both customer and our IT Strategy. This involves collaborating across departments to deliver solutions using modern technology and in line with our group strategic direction.
Your role is essential to the success of the function by leading and managing the development and ongoing maintenance of IT strategic plans that support our Customer strategy. You will be responsible for managing demand on small changes and testing across all applications and also project manage larger change initiatives. This is a hands-on management role and you will be responsible for leading and a successful technical team of six as well as efficiently managing third party suppliers. Using effective people management and performance experience, you will be managing a customer driven team who prides themselves on providing 99.9% application service availability.
What we’re looking for:
- A successful track record of delivering systems management through others.
- An experienced leader with people development experience. We have a great team in place, so we want someone who will enjoy seeing them at their best and support them on the varying journeys to get there.
- An excellent communicator with relationship building skills. This is a well networked role in the business, acting as a key orchestrator with a range of technical and non-technical stakeholders / colleagues.
- The successful management and delivery of projects, as you’ll be working on a range of development projects.
- A service driven background, delivering to SLA’s.
- Experience developing and delivering technical strategies.
Phoenix Group is the UK’s largest specialist consolidator of Closed Life Assurance funds. A member of the FTSE 250 Index, with a premium listing on the LSE and one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers’ for the last 7 consecutive years, we have 5.6 million policyholders and assets under management of £74 billion, including the recently acquired Abbey Life and AXA Wealth businesses. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented teams. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix, our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. We're proud of what we do, and we offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
Closing date: Midnight, Wednesday 27th June 2018