General Insurance Finance Business Partner - Flexible Working Available
Through our brands, Lloyds Banking Group has a relationship with just about every household and community in the UK. We underpin the lives of millions of individuals and businesses, and play a key role in helping to build a growing UK economy.
Are you a talented Finance professional? This is an opportunity to Partner our General Insurance (GI) Finance team based at Lovell Park in Leeds.
This role is business partnering with the GI Senior Leadership Team, working closely with Insurance Finance and Insurance Division to provide a key linkage on all aspects of GI. The teams vision is fully aligned to LBG strategy, and is to become the Best Bank for Customers. It will do this by delivering on its agreed, Customer-centric Purpose statement of "Get me up and running quickly, help me service my day to day banking and insurance needs and when the unexpected happens, help me through it."
You would support the Head of GI Finance to deliver a one-stop Finance service to business leaders in the diverse and dynamic Customer Operations Business Unit and partner them to achieve our vision of becoming the 'Best Bank for Customers'.ys a trusted business partner, you would deliver strategic financial and commercial insight tailored to the needs of business, best in class financial planning and ensure strong financial / cost control and risk management for senior business stakeholders.
Key requirements for you to be successful in this role include:
- Good analytical capability
- Understanding of control and governance frameworks
- A proven ability to communicate and influence effectively
The essence of the Finance Business Partner role is being an integral part of business area teams delivering the Customer Operations Vision through:
- Developing an understanding of the supported business areas' Purpose, and the core Customer Journeys that they support / deliver
- Becoming a trusted SME and professional adviser on the core financial and commercial drivers of the business
- Developing financial plans, budgets and forecasts with the business areas, and supporting the interlock with Partner Divisions
- Producing timely and commercially focused financial MI and business performance metrics and providing key insights in a straightforward manner.
- Providing ad hoc financial analysis, scenario analysis and MI to support plans and influence strategic and operational business decision-making, including ownership of the financial aspects of investment business cases (e.g. as part of Simplification II), sourcing and contractual negotiations
- Operation of effective and efficient financial and risk management processes and systems within Group policies and processes
- Assisting in making the areas' cost base very transparent to key stakeholders including product teams and enable collaborative planning and identification of new opportunities and risk mitigation strategies
We are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
AS WELL AS A COMPETITIVE SALARY, THIS ROLE OFFERS:
- Flex cash 4% of salary
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Private Healthcare
- A total reward package that includes discounted lifestyle, financial and protection benefits you can tailor to suit your lifestyle, share match and share save options
Did you know we've won awards? We've gained industry recognition including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women.