International Business Development Executive
About the company:
Commodities People organises and promotes high quality conferences, summits and gatherings for professionals in the fast paced energy and commodities trading sector. We focus on 3 major events which have been running for up to 10 years.
With an existing team of well connected and experienced industry veterans, including a number of working mums and a working dad, the goal now is to grow the business significantly and become true industry leaders.
Your role will be based mainly from home, with occasional meetings in central London, in addition to attending and working at national events.
This is a true opportunity for the right candidate to be a central part of a company at the early stages and to be a key player in its growth in the years ahead, growing professionally alongside it.
- Meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Selling sponsorship and delegate packages over the telephone, at client meetings and at events
- Generating new business opportunities and building strong relationships with existing customers
- Contributing ideas and developing opportunities that will assist in the growth of the business.
- Developing a trusted advisor relationship with customer stakeholders
- Building a deep understanding of your marketplace and events; utilising this knowledge in lead generation beyond that provided by the company
The ideal candidate will:
- Be ambitious: you are looking to not only be part of something special, but to be that something special yourself. There's an opportunity here to be a pioneer in the industry as well as above-the-curve earnings
- Have strong communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Be a natural problem solver, the post holder has both the analytical skills to quickly understand an issue facing the market, and the creativity and initiative to identify a solution.
- Have experience in sales, some of which to have been ideally in events
- Previous experience of and a willingness to work primarily from home