Bid Writer/Fundraiser - Part Times
4 days left
- Contract Type
Delight is looking for an exceptional Bid Writer to research, design, write and submit revenue funding applications to relevant grant making bodies to support the development of our work.
The successful candidate will have an impressive track record of winning bids, a knowledge of trusts and foundations and experience in managing relationships with potential and engaged funders.
This is an initial 6 months fixed term position with a desire to extend for a further period. The role is 24 hours a week working during Surrey maintained school term time dates. The position starts on Monday 3rd September 2018.
- Work with the CEO and other key team members to identify potential funders and funding sources for Delight programmes
- Undertake research to identify potential funders
- Develop a clear strategy for funding applications, identifying funders who are interested in aspects of our work and building relationships with potential funders
- Along-side the CEO develop funding strategies for all Delight programmes
- Develop and manage a schedule for bid writing to ensure all funding requirements for Delight can be delivered
- Write all bid applications ensuring all bid criteria are covered
- Identify the ROI for all bid processes
- Review all bid feedback and ensuring knowledge is shared and learnings implemented with Delight team
- Bring existing relationships with potential funders
- Develop new relationships with potential funders interested in our area of work
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with existing funders
- Ensure the relationship with all Donors and Grant bodies are effectively managed
- Develop an excellent knowledge of the charity and programmes
- Write all grant monitoring and evaluation reports
- Ensure deadlines for reporting are met
- At least two years’ experience working in a bid writing role
- Experience of researching and writing detailed proposals to obtain funding from various sources including trusts foundations institutions and corporate donors
- A proven track record of raising substantial income on an annualised basis
- Experience managing, maintaining and strengthening relationships with funding bodies
- Experience in developing and implementing clear fundraising strategies
- Experience managing grants received
- Experience project managing all potential grants and ensure the bid writing process is managed annually
- Experience in collating information and writing grant evaluation reports
- Extensive knowledge of the bid writing processes and a proven track record of successful bid writing.
- Good understanding and knowledge of trusts, statutory and lottery fundraising and the voluntary sector.
- Knowledge of how to build and sustain relationships with a range of funders
- An understanding and knowledge of developing and managing fundraising strategies
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to write compelling funding briefs, reports, proposals and correspondence
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to create and sustain relationships with funding/grant making organisations
- Ability to develop fundraising strategies
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage workloads
- IT literate
- Demonstrable networking and representation skills
- Problem-solving and creative thinking
Values and Style
- The ability to commit to, and work within, the aims of Delight
- The desire to work both collaboratively and independently
- Positive, open minded, can-do attitude
- Importance of arts and books in education
- Sympathetic to the challenges of marginalised communities
Whilst the following are not essential it may help to have the following
- Degree or post graduate degree
- Degree in education or arts
- Experience with a range of fundraising practices
- Experience working in or with small charities
- Knowledge of arts in education in the UK
- Knowledge of primary literacy teaching in the UK
- Knowledge of issues relating to poverty and marginalized communities
Place of work
Currently, Delight is based in Caterham, Surrey with an intended office move to take place by September. Some hours can be worked from home.
£9,600 initial 6-month contract (to 28th Feb 2019) with the desire to extend if targets are successfully realised. Based on a £30,000 pro rata salary
24hrs per week/ 40 weeks per year (Surrey maintained school term dates) The 24 hours can be split over 3, 4 or 5 working days.
Delight looks to be an accessible and adaptable employer and operates a flexi working policy, which suits a range of employment needs.
Please click 'apply now' to send your CV and covering letter.
Application deadline 10am 25th June 2018
Apply for Bid Writer/Fundraiser - Part Times
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly