Regional Supply Chain Finance Analyst (Part-time / Jobshare)
The Consumer EAME Centre of Excellence has responsibility for providing accounting services, business analytics and reporting for Finance colleagues in 22 countries across the Consumer EAME region. Johnson & Johnson Consumer EAME has sales of over $4bn and sells approximately 100 different brands.
This is a key role within the GS CoE Regional Operations Accounting Team.
Key to this role is to provide financial support to Local Finance, Regional Supply Chain and business support teams, ensuring that Inventory related financial processes are aligned across all Markets within Region, Inventory & OCNIS accounting is accurate and compliant in line with Johnson & Johnson Worldwide Procedures (WWP).
• Build and maintain strong relationships with Regional Supply Chain organization
• To provide financial expertise and support to Supply Chain business support
• Proactively and continuously improve, streamline, and align Inventory related financial processes across ELC, Affiliates and Plants.
• Participate in projects and drive changes. Promote best practices
• Cooperate with other CoE Teams (especially Compliance) and functions
• To liaise on behalf of CoE Organization with Projects Teams (e.g. STF) to ensure all inventory accounting flows are integrated into standard CoE accounting and processes
• Point of contact and key business partner for all Inventory (P&L and Balance Sheet) related month end closing activities and ongoing processes and queries for a cluster of countries within Consumer EAME structure.
• Supporting the Senior Regional Inventory Analyst with any queries or projects as they occur.
• Inventory process in scope include, but are not limited to, the following:
o Intercompany Profit Elimination (PII)
o SLOB provision
o Revaluation Analysis
o Regional Inventory Days calculations
o POS re-classification
o Direct GRIR analysis
o Regional FAA calculation
o Co-ordination of the Distribution process
• Ensure all Inventory related OCNIS costs – e.g. purchase price variances, inventory adjustments/reserves and environmental taxes/cosmetics taxes are calculated, accrued and booked properly and on time – in line with local law and WWP.
• Warehousing and out-bound transportation costs are booked correctly, all necessary accruals calculated and booked correctly and on time.
• Note: Requires process expertise, in depth knowledge and understanding of WWP.
• Execution of month-end financial close process
• Stock Takes procedures alignment and process participation
• Review and comment financial performance vs. targets
• Cooperate with Internal and External Audit as required
• Travel in EAME required for projects
• Ensure strong internal controls are adhered to, in order to achieve “adequate” internal and external audit ratings.
• Accurate and timely month-end reporting. Meet all corporate and regional deadlines.
Scope of Role:
• This role is part of the GS COE Regional Operations team so applicants must be collaborative in style, open to change and always seeking to improve the way things are achieved. The scope will touch on many areas of the financial statements across the EMEA region so this is a great development opportunity for the right candidate.
• Part or fully qualified accountant or an international qualified accountant equivalent, with relevant financial experience
• English essential
• Other European languages desirable
• Supply chain accounting
• Ideally familiar with Johnson & Johnson worldwide procedures and practises
Skills & Competencies:
• Strong Financial Accounting skills (US GAAP desirable)
• Knowledge of SAP (StF), Excel
• Strong interpersonal and customer service skills required
• Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and be able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
• Ability to standardise and improve processes
• Ability to thrive in a multi-cultural environment