Premises Manager - Dearne ALC
Premises Manager – Dearne ALC
Amey have recently secured a 25 year PFI schools maintenance contract for Barnsley Schools covering 11 premises, worth £7 million per annum. A part of this contract is ensuring that all schools are operating at the highest standards to ensure a good quality education for all. Each school has a Premises Manager who has overall responsibility for the running of the premise, in this instance for Dearne ALC near Rotherham.
As Premises Manager, you will look after a team of fifteen including a maintenance assistant, three caretakers and a cleaning team of eleven. On a daily basis, you will:
- Look after all hard and soft services facilities management including planned and reactive maintenance
- Arranging for contractors to carry out repairs if you don’t have in house capability
- Manage the cleaning crews ensuring the school is clean, tidy and safe to be open always
- Monitor all health and safety and contractual obligations
- Understand customer needs and KPI’s – implement and monitoring these amongst the fifteen staff
- Managing the customer’s needs, working closely with the head teacher and governors
Whilst you don’t necessarily need prior knowledge or experience of hard and soft facilities management, it will be key to understand contractual obligations and KPI’s. If you have the desire to learn the technical aspects of the sector, we can teach you all you need to become an Operations Manager in the future. You will be managing a large team so prior team management will be necessary.
If all of this sounds like a challenge you would enjoy, please do get in touch or apply today.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.
We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees.
Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year.
Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
Apply for Premises Manager - Dearne ALC
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly