Client Portfolio Manager - part time or full time
- Contract Type
This company is one of the largest independent chartered accountancy groups in the West of England. They have offices across the south west, and this job is based in their Swindon office. They have a loyal client base and firmly believe in establishing close relationships with their clients.
They fully support flexible working, with many of their colleagues working in flexible patterns across the week, and welcome applications from individuals returning to work after a break from accountancy practice.
To provide a comprehensive, client focussed service for an agreed portfolio, supporting the organisation to achieve the goals as laid out in the business plan.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Ensuring that clients receive an appropriate level of service to meet their business needs by:
- Maintaining a productive relationship with clients in the portfolio, maintaining regular contact dealing with any specific queries or problems and assisting with/undertaking project work as required to meet agreed deadlines.
- Acting as a point of contact for the GP Partner portfolio in the partner’s absence ensuring that matters are dealt with in a timely manner and that the GP Partner is aware of any outstanding queries.
- Ensuring that appropriate information is fed into the compliance team in a timely manner to ensure that the team’s work can be effectively scheduled allowing the assessment of resources and time requirements, including flexibility to deal with new clients, additional work, or busy periods.
- Completing more complex accounts work for clients as required by the Partner, where it is not appropriate for the activities to be completed in the compliance centre.
- Undertaking ad-hoc project work as required by the Partner, assisting clients on his behalf as and when needed.
- Where appropriate, reviewing the work carried out by the compliance centre staff, checking this for accuracy, quality and feeding back.
Supporting the development of the business by:
- Identifying opportunities for obtaining new work with clients, linking company’s products and services to client needs.
- Attending potential client meetings because of telesales activity or enquiries into the office.
- Generating and following through activity regarding new ideas and approaches to client concerns or issues.
Education & Qualifications
Qualified/part qualified ACA/ACCA or qualified by experience.
Experience and Knowledge
- 5 years’ practice experience ideally at least one year PQE.
- Wide range of general practice experience for owner managed businesses, including personal tax.
- Understanding of IRIS Software
Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal across a range of audiences.
- Interpersonal skills to gain credibility internally and with clients.
- Good customer care skills.
- Excellent prioritisation and time management skills.
- Able to work in an organised manner to strict deadlines – planning, diary management, department systems set up and maintenance
- Ability to prepare and present information and reports to various audiences in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to take a problem-solving approach – to analyse information and situations and generate reasoned recommendations for discussion with partner.
Disposition & Attitude
- Positive and outgoing
- Self-sufficient when necessary and able to work alone for periods of time
- Pro-active and willing to take responsibility for own areas of work – not waiting to be asked to undertake key responsibilities
- Tact and diplomacy – able to explain issues to colleagues, partners & clients
- Organised, methodical, detail conscious
- Self-confident and able to demonstrate effective use of personal judgement
- Flexibility – able to deal with changing priorities, deadlines and circumstances, willing to work with others
- Discreet and confidential – able to stand their ground where necessary regarding queries from others
- Creative – ideas to assist in meeting client expectations
- Mobility across company’s offices and client sites
- Flexibility to work outside of normal office hours as required
- Expected to participate in networking and business development events outside of working hours
- Open to those having had a career break from working in an accountancy practice – no more than 5 years ideally, showing ability to demonstrate knowledge of changes in industry during that time.
This is a permanent position, either part time or full time, hours and days negotiable.
Swindon, plus travel to other office and client premises as required
Apply for Client Portfolio Manager - part time or full time
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly