Financial Risk Consultant
The Financial Risk team is one of four teams in the well-established Group Risk function here at Phoenix Group and is expanding to cover additional oversight responsibility due to the recent acquisition activity. Based in Wythall and reporting to the Senior Financial Risk Manager, you will have a group wide remit with oversight of all financial risk arising from the operations of Phoenix Life and the Corporate Office.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Advising, guiding and challenging the business on financial risk matters within the boundaries set by the Group’s risk management framework
- Producing reports based on reviews and monitoring of on-going adherence to financial risk framework components
- Advising where risk management approaches can be enhanced and propose management action where appropriate
- Supporting the Financial Risk Managers with risk reviews, risk reporting production and stress and scenario testing
- Supporting the Internal Model Oversight team in conducting independent validation of certain components of the Internal Model
What we're looking for:
- Ideally you have a strong technical background gained within insurance, banking or consulting
- Good knowledge of investment markets, including derivatives and how they apply to life insurance
- Experience of quantitative modelling of financial markets would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of specialist financial risk related fields such as capital management and asset liability management
- Good understanding of enterprise risk management in the context of a life insurance business
- Experience of drafting reports and delivering presentations
- Good communication skills and the ability to engage, influence and challenge a wide range of stakeholders
- Delivery focused and solutions orientated
We value our employees highly and have been Britain's Top Employer for the last six consecutive years and are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix, our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. Our amazing facilities at Wythall offer free lunches at our onsite restaurant, nature trail walk, putting green, free car parking, subsidised onsite sport facilities including gym, football & cricket pitches, tennis courts,excellent rewards schemes…we could go on! We're proud of what we do, and we've recently gained recognition for our distinctive business model. We offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
Closing date: Midnight, Thursday 31st May 2018