Actuarial Assistant Manager - Documents
1 day left
- Contract Type
As the UK's largest retail and commercial bank, we have a footprint that touches nearly every community and household in the UK. That gives us a big responsibility to support the UK economy, and to put customers first in everything we do.
We're building on iconic brands, strong heritages and exceptional people. To unlock the potential in our business, we're becoming more efficient, more transparent, and more responsive to customers.
Actuarial Products works in partnership with colleagues around the business to deliver key strategic and regulatory change for Life and Pensions business. The team is also involved in new product developments, transitioning our new partnerships with Diligenta and supporting the acquisition of Zurich pensions and savings business.
TYPICALLY THE WORK OF THE TEAM COVERS:
- Acting as a key partner in change projects, engaged in decision-making, specifying and testing benefit illustrations.
- Drafting policyholder documentation and reviewing customer communications.
- Calculating growth rates and charges for publications and use in illustrations.
- Providing technical actuarial product support to the Insurance and Wealth Customer Delivery (IWCD) and Propositions areas across the entire product range.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING:
- Drafting policy documentation (the legal terms and conditions given to customers) for all Scottish Widows'products. This includes the documents for new product launches and changes to documents already issued to customers from across the legacy product range
- Testing system policy documents
- Reviewing financial promotions (marketing literature), website pages, outputs and other communications for all life, pensions, OEICs and ISA products. In particular, to ensure descriptions of products including risks and fund aims are clear, fair and not misleading. Also nothing should be said which could raise unrealistic expectations, lead to complaints, or is inconsistent with policy documents and product specifications
- Daily workflow co-ordination of review items
- Provide clear information and explanation to LRM (Legal, Regulatory and Mandatory) and strategic projects. Similarly for business as usual questions and financial promotions review.
You should preferably have strong document drafting skills and familiar with Pensions and Life products. You'll need good social skills, with a collaborative approach and able to manage relationships with business partners and other colleagues. You'll enjoy working independently as well as part of a small team to achieve our goals. The role is challenging and rewarding as you're at the heart of change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to make the complex simple
- Knowledge of L&P products and preferably also investment funds, OEICS and ISAs
- Strong Word skills and basic Excel skills
- Preferably experience of writing and/or reviewing customers' policy documents, and customer facing communications
- Preferably a basic understanding of the legislation and regulatory framework for financial promotions, customer communications and policy documents.
- Positive relationship management skills, ability to work collaboratively and also to challenge
- Internal/External Relationships: build and maintain effective working and influencing relationships with appropriate colleagues
- Provide support to your Line Manager and deputise when required
- People and Self Development: take responsibility for self-development
- Group Values: demonstrates Lloyds Banking Group values and behaviours and inspires this in team members
Do you like the sound of this role? Then you should get in touch. Making you feel valued is essential and so we offer you a highly attractive reward package that includes:
- 4% of your salary paid to you in flex cash
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Life assurance
- Private medical care
- Contributory pension
You can also expect discounted benefits to tailor to your lifestyle such as childcare vouchers, holiday trading, matched learning fund, dental plan, retail vouchers and you have access to a range of discounted financial and protection products.
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.