Assistant Accountant (in practice), part or full-time, nr Chippenham, Wilts.
**PLEASE NOTE before applying - applicants must be able to demonstrate experience gained from working in a UK accountancy practice**
Are you an AAT qualified or part qualified account or accounts assistant, with some experience gained in a UK general practice firm?
This busy accountancy practice is looking for a junior accountant to join their team. They are very supportive of home-grown talent and keen to support and train someone who is part or recently qualified AAT.
This is ideally a full-time role but they are a flexible company and would be open to considering other working patterns. This is an office based role in Chippenham, Wiltshire.
Your responsibilities will include assisting and eventually undertaking the following:
- Preparation of annual accounts for small limited companies, partnerships and sole traders from manual and computerised records.
- Prepare corporation tax returns and business tax computations.
- Prepare basic personal tax returns.
- Prepare VAT returns.
- Undertake general bookkeeping duties on behalf of clients.
- ESSENTIAL Some previous experience of working in practice.
- AAT qualified or part-qualified.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Excel is essential.
- Knowledge of extracting and interrogating data in any of these accounting packages is useful: SAGE and QuickBooks.
- Experience of Xero would be an added bonus.
- Experience of using IRIS accounts production, business tax and personal tax would be preferable but training would be provided in this area if required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-managing, organised and able to work under pressure.
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Possess a ‘can do’ attitude and retain a sense of humour.
This is a permanent position, ideally full-time role but they are a flexible company and would be open to considering other working patterns. This is an office based role in Chippenham, Wiltshire.
This role is office based near Chippenham.
Salary and Other benefits
Salary negotiable dependent on experience. 25 days holiday plus bank holidays pro rata. Active company pension scheme.
Apply for Assistant Accountant (in practice), part or full-time, nr Chippenham, Wilts.
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly