Assistant Actuarial Manager
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and become the best bank for our customers. What we do makes a difference to families, businesses and communities and we play a central role in building a growing UK economy.
Actuarial Products works in partnership with colleagues around the business and we deliver key strategic and regulatory change for our Life and Pensions business. We're involved in new product developments, transitioning our new partnerships with Diligenta and supporting the acquisition of Zurich pensions and savings business.
TYPICALLY THIS TEAM IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Acting as a key partner in change projects, engaged in decision-making, specifying and testing benefit illustrations
- Reviewing policyholder documentation and customer communications
- Calculating growth rates and charges for funds for publications and use in illustrations
- Providing technical actuarial product support to the Insurance Customer Delivery (ICD) and Propositions areas
Can you make the complex simple? We need someone with excellent verbal and written communication skills that can work with a team to make things happen challenge to make improvements and explore the best outcomes.
Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding role? This role is a role that matters and puts you at the heart of change.
YOU'LL BE INVOLVED IN THE FOLLOWING:
- Supporting projects including product developments, agreeing scope and business requirements
- Produce calculations specs for system changes and illustrations
- Work with test teams to test illustration calculation changes
- Utilising your strong excel skills to develop and maintain illustration test tools
Ideally you would know FCA rules for projections/illustrations and ideally be familiar with Life & Pensions products. You'll have experience of working on Change, understanding the various stages of the project cycle and planning & test management and able to co-ordinate, execute, monitor and report on testing.
- Build and maintain effective working and influencing relationships with colleagues
- Provide technical support to analysts in the team
- Provide support to your Line Manager and deputise when the need arises
- Own and drive your self-development journey
Are you able to demonstrate the following skills and experience?
- You should be a part qualified actuary (or have an actuarial background)
- Knowledge of Pensions & Life products
- Strong analytical skills
- Good social skills
- Able to work collaboratively and manage relationships with other colleagues
- Equally able to work independently and as part of a small team
If you have the skills that we're looking for then get in touch. Making you feel valued is important and so we offer you a highly attractive reward package that includes:
- 4% of your salary paid to you in flex cash
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Life assurance
- Private medical care
- Contributory pension
We also offer you discounted benefits to tailor to your lifestyle such as childcare vouchers, holiday trading, matched learning fund, dental plan, retail vouchers and you have access to a range of discounted financial and protection products.
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.