Portfolio Financial Lead - M&G Prudential
M&G Prudential the UK and European savings business of Prudential plc - the global financial services company - which was formed in August 2017 from the merger of M&G Investments and Prudential's UK and European businesses. Managing £337 million of assets with more than 7 million customers, it brings together two of the most trusted brands in the UK financial services sector.
The Portfolio Financial Lead works within the Financial Benefit Delivery and Assurance Team itself within the Transformation Office of M&G Prudential's material transformation programme. The team reports to the Commercial Director of M&G Prudential who in turn reports to the CFO.
You will work with a Programme Portfolio Lead and between them they support 4/5 material transformation programmes with a total programme lifetime spend of circa £300m. You will work closely with the Financial Leads on the individual programmes and the BAU Finance Business Partners to ensure that the portfolio is delivering the financial benefits targeted to agreed phasing and provide financial challenge and assurance to ensure that any reporting up to and including market reporting is of an auditable quality.
You will also work closely with the Transformation Programme Management Office to ensure they keep informed on the development of the programmes and to consider how any developments may impact the financials.
You will be responsible for:
* Working with the Head of Benefit Delivery and Tracking to set the financial direction for their portfolio of work
* To provide support to other members of the team as and when required
* To support the programmes in development of their initial and revised business cases as appropriate and provide appropriate challenge
* To review the costs provided by programmes and the central PMO and confirm they are in line with benefit delivery
* To lead virtual teams and work with Programme Financial Leads, BAU Finance and HR Business Partners to deliver the financial benefits of their portfolio
* To challenge the programmes on their financial benefit delivery and to lead the financial assurance work on those programmes
* Knowledge of the M&G Prudential cost base
* Knowledge of financial services regulatory and legislative frameworks
* Knowledge of Life and Pensions and Asset Management products, systems and distribution methods
* Knowledge of relevant legal and regulatory requirements, and ability to adapt quickly to changes and ensure implications are considered
* Experience of preparing financial data for relevant internal and external reporting, ensuring compliance with internal standards and procedures
* Experience of communicating financial information to stakeholders across the business to support planning and decision making
* Experience of optimising financial processes such as budgeting, forecasting and cost management
* Experience of effectively balancing accuracy, quality and timeliness when creating and distributing internal and external financial reports
* Experience of advising on the commercial implications of decisions
* Experience of conducting sophisticated financial analysis (e.g. value chain and product / portfolio analysis) to advise on enhanced financial performance
* Experience of analysing problems from a holistic perspective, considering the internal and external interdependencies involved
What we are looking for:
We are looking for you to have an analytical mind set and attention to detail and be able to coordinate activities across multiple business areas to ensure the needs of the business stakeholders are met. You will be able to confidently prepare and present to senior members of the organisation both through written communication and verbally. You will be a team player who is able to provide guidance and advice to the business on financial issues and able to approach complex issues from different angles, explaining the cause and effect of situations.
Additionally, you will have a senior accountant background with an extensive level of work experience across various Finance departments, including Management expenses and Reporting who also has experience of running the financial aspects of transformation programmes in excess of £100m of lifetime spend. You will also have excellent stakeholder management and relationship skills with very good communication skills, be able to work independently and be able to lead virtual teams within a complex matrixed organisation.
M&G Prudential is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.