Part-time Finance and Administration Asst, Not For Profit organisation (ref: 1750)
Part-time Finance and Administration Assistant, Not For Profit organisation supporting local charities, Tring, £18-20k, 5 days per week 9am-3pm (ref: 1750) - An exciting new position has arisen for someone who is dynamic, pro-active and keen to progress. If this describes you, and you are committed to working in the NFP sector supporting charities then please read on:
- Data input and day to day organisation of bespoke database system
- Ensure all documentation is scanned and filed using the in-house filing system
- Processing various methods of payments including cash handling
- Assist with the preparation of month end including bank reconciliations
- Data preparation and analysis
- Assist in the development of Management Information systems
- Monitoring, managing and answering queries and all other contact from customers, suppliers and contractors
- Providing individual training where required
- To assist with the Sales and Marketing team when required
- To assist with the writing and implementation of general administration policies and procedures
- To answer the telephone and deal politely and professionally with enquiries in accordance with Company philosophy
- Other ad-hoc duties to assist the Finance and Administration Manager
- Previous knowledge of Sage 50
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills are essential, must be comfortable working with and manipulating high volumes of data
- Ability to take ownership and use initiative to resolve problems
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict timescales
- Ability to organise and prioritise own workload, and takes pride in their work
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident manner on the telephone answering and making phone calls
- Honesty and reliability
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, able to liaise with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Be methodical with technical trouble shooting and problem-solving skills.
Qualifications, experience and technical knowledge:
- Previous working experience of accounting activities
- Excellent IT skills including proficiency of MS Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience of book keeping and Sage accounting package
- Previous experience of working within an office environment
- To be educated to a degree level or equivalent, or relevant work experience
The role is offered on a permanent, part-time basis. Friendly team and genuine career progression.
Interviews planned for Friday, 18th May.