Financial Controller - (Development)
The Finance Controller is responsible for the financial management of central business unit and regional reporting. Provide timely and accurate forecasting through management reports in accordance with reporting timetables. Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory requirements.
- Oversee and manage internal and external reporting to ensure consistency, accuracy and timeliness of financial and non-financial reporting to achieve regulatory and business outcomes
- Business partnering with the EGMF to manage and drive the overall financial outcome of the business unit and be the point of contact in their absence and fill in where necessary
- Ownership of the relationship with Finance Services as it pertains to the performance of relevant services to the business unit
- Ownership of preparation and management of the business plans including setting business KPIs, monthly and quarterly review process and reporting and driving business accountability to achieve outcomes
- Implement and manage robust financial controls with Finance Services to ensure integrity of all financial systems, processes and outputs
- Work collaboratively with the Development finance teams to simplify internal reporting frameworks both within the region and at a Group level and contribute to the design and development of analysis-based management reporting systems, ensuring continuous improvements from a business intelligence perspective
- Manage ongoing analysis of cost structures and overhead base and challenge robustness of forecasts for Central Functions. Identify and drive areas of savings for the business
- Oversee the co-ordination of all regional reporting to the Group including management, statutory and business planning
- Create strong morale and team spirit by providing meaningful work clearly connected to organisational strategy. Share both responsibility and accountability where appropriate
- As a manager of a small team ensure through leadership, that collaboration with the broader business unit and finance team unit is held by all team members and manage their development for future success in Lendlease
- Degree in Finance/Accounting, ACA qualified
- Minimum of 7 years' accounting experience, preferably in property
- Good knowledge of real estate and what creates value, how the market values real estate
- Knowledge of typical real estate development financial structure including typical expenditure and income
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.