Lending Manager (Pensions) - Partnerships
Will you wow our customers with your knowledge of everything Metro Bank has to offer? Then becoming a Pensions Lending Manager could be the perfect role for you!
Our Partnerships Lending Team service the borrowing needs of our Partnerships customers, including companies who are Pension Providers. You will create FANS by finding our customers the most suitable lending opportunities, in turn allowing them to expand their business and fulfil their dreams.
So what would you be doing?
• Creating FANS in your customer network by telling them about the positive, proactive and relationship focused banking proposition at Metro Bank
• Developing long lasting relationships with professional introducers to ensure you are acquiring, keeping and growing a portfolio of customers operating in as Pension Providers
• Identifying and executing lending opportunities (including facilities for refinance, investment, refurbishment, acquisition, development and asset purchase) enabling them to grow and achieve their business goals and aspirations
• Being a sounding board to your customers. Talking to them about all of our full range of banking services
• Building amazing relationships with your internal colleagues to provide our customers with a first class experience across all areas of Metro Bank
• Structuring new loan facilities and writing credit applications with the support from the Partnerships Lending Analyst
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Demonstrate a passion for understanding and getting to know businesses, focusing on our existing portfolio of Pension Providers
• Writing credit papers – you will need to understand a balance sheet and have a good eye for detail. It’s important that you ask lots of questions to make sure that we are lending responsibly and keeping the Bank safe. Ideally you will have previous experience of writing deals ranging from £1m - £10m+
• Understand the differences and things to look out for when lending money to the Commercial sector. Acquire, keep and grow a network of professionals who seek out your expertise whenever they are looking to borrow money for their next venture
• Knowledge of Small Self-Administered Schemes (SASS) and Self-Invested Personal Pensions (SIPP) will help you understand the needs of these specific customers but is not essential
• Experience of reviewing and writing credit applications
Benefits: Our fabulous benefits package includes all of the usual stuff plus eligibility for our share options schemes and a cash bonus