Credit Officer - London
Through our brands, our Group has a relationship with just about every household and community in the UK. We underpin the lives of millions of individuals and businesses, and play a key role in helping to create a thriving UK economy. There couldn't be a better time to join us, as we work to become the best bank for customers and to build an exciting future for our people.
Within Commercial Banking Risk, the Financial Institutions Credit team comprises of Credit Officers and Analysts who face off to the frontline FI relationship teams. Client coverage includes, Global Banks, Global Insurance, Global Funds, Specialist Finance and Sovereigns. This team is responsible for managing the end to end credit process covering, credit analysis, writing credit proposals, defining credit strategy and risk appetite, limit approval, agreeing documentation with legal and ongoing portfolio monitoring and analytics.
This particular role is in our Funds team (Institutional Investors); the main accountabilities being:
* Manage a portfolio of broad Financial Institutions (FI) counterparties, covering Private Equity Funds, Asset Managers, FX Brokers, Central Clearing Counterparties and Pension, Wealth & Stock Brokers.
* Support annual credit reviews, dynamic and proactive risk management and new business origination as part of the FI sustainable growth strategy.
* Set credit risk appetite in the context of risk / return parameters, ensuring credit strategies and risk appetite are clearly defined and communicated to stakeholders.
* Embrace new principles and processes for credit risk management in Commercial Banking Risk.
* Proactively manage various stakeholders, including Sector Head, credit sanctioners, relationship team and product partners; ensuring the high credit quality of the portfolio is consistently maintained.
For this specific team we require a specialist skillset:
* In-depth product knowledge is essential including lending products as well as derivatives (Interest Rate Swaps, Cross Currency Swaps, FX, Repos) and associated derivatives documentation such as ISDA, CSA, GMRA.
* Knowledge of financial regulation, such as Basel, MIFID and EMIR is also required.
* You will also possess a keen interest and competent understanding of current economic and political developments.
* The successful candidate should be curious, energetic, driven and a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
* Knowledge of Corporate credit and other FI sectors, such as Banks, Insurance, Securitisation would be advantageous.
In addition to the salary range quoted, this role offers a discretionary performance-related bonus, car allowance, private health cover, share schemes and a generous pension contribution along with the option to choose an additional cash lump sum or pick from a wide range of industry leading benefits.
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total commitment to your ongoing personal and professional development. As a valued member of our team, you'll be supported to grow and advance through excellent training and progression opportunities.