Helpdesk Consultant - Part TIme
About The Role
Do you want to join the UK’s number 1 ‘investment supermarket’, trusted for over 35 years to help our clients save and invest with confidence?
We are trusted with over £82 billion of assets, by more than 1 million clients, based in the busy Harbourside area of Bristol.
Our growth plans over the next few years are substantial, and we would love for you to join us on our journey….
We are looking for friendly people who share our passion for providing outstanding client service to join our Helpdesk. This is primarily a telephone based role, where you will be responsible for answering a wide range of questions from our clients. Financial experience is not required – you will be provided with comprehensive training to ensure you have the knowledge to answer client queries with confidence.
As the Helpdesk will be approached from professionals to first-time investors, it is essential that Consultants can tailor their responses to queries appropriately. The role will allow you to develop exceptional client communication skills. We will support you in ensuring that you make things easyfor our clients, make them confident that their investments are in safe hands and delight clients by offering an unrivalled level of service.
You’ll be able to specialize your knowledge within pensions and/or investments as you enhance your knowledge. You’ll need to consistently do the right thing by our clients, empowering them to save and invest with confidence. This position is a great opportunity to our secure, FTSE 100 Company located in Central Bristol, with excellent benefits and the chance to be part of a real success story.
We are currently recruiting for part time consultants to join our teams, on a permanent contract. Your full availability will be discussed at interview.
Contracted hours will normally follow one of the below patterns:
You will need to be available to work on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays. You will need to work a minimum of 18 hours per week. You may also need to work at least 1 in 3 Saturdays, however this can be discussed at interview.
Key Duties And Responsibilities:
- Answer inbound calls
- Explain complex rules in plain English
- Reply to client letters and emails
- Occasionally meet clients face-to-face
- Liaise with third parties on clients’ behalf
- Ensure clients are treated fairly, in accordance with regulatory guidelines
- Refer any instances of client dissatisfaction or suspicion of money-laundering appropriately
- Preserve our reputation for excellence built up within the industry
- Proactively look for ways to improve the quality and profitability of the products and services we offer our clients
Essential skills and experience:
- Minimum 2 A-Levels or equivalent
- Basic computer literacy
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent written skills
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Client satisfaction orientated
- Patient, reliable, conscientious and trustworthy
- Excellent problem solver
- Professional, presentable appearance
- Pro-active and positive
- Team player
- Sense of pride from doing a good job
Desirable skills and experience:
- Competent computer user; proficient with Microsoft Office and using in-house systems
- Knowledge of products and services offered by Hargreaves Lansdown
- Any relevant experience (e.g. working in an office, customer service role, etc.)
- Experience of a client facing role, comfortable dealing with clients directly
- Experience working on the telephone
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident, accomplished telephone manner
- Excellent written and numeracy skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Problem solving skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to use initiative
- Willingness to learn and desire to develop professionally
- Desire to contribute to the Company’s success and uphold its exceptional reputation
- Proven desire to succeed
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate should be able to demonstrate the skills below to meet our company values;