Administrator - Traffic Management Act
What is the purpose of this role?
To play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operation of a number of planned works across our Severn Trent Water contract. Amey deliver a number of services including installation and maintenance of Domestic & Commercial water meters. You will work as part of the Traffic Management Act (TMA) team that is responsible for ensuring the operational compliance is met with the new roads and street works Act.
What will this role involve?
- As part of the wider TMA team you will deliver TMA support to the operational teams
- You will do through carrying out accurate reporting and analysis, maintaining weekly TMA reports/trackers requesting extensions and serving NRSWA notices to the local councils
- Undertake general ‘team’ administrative duties as and when required
- Share information to ensure customer needs are met
- Maintain office systems in an orderly manner
- Take direction from Business Support Coordinator/Manager and senior team members
- Receives and disseminates information to other team members to ensure service delivery
- Assist with the delivery of services to the client
- Input to and maintain spread sheets/databases/systems and produce and collate reports
- Undertake other basic business support duties as part of a team
- Role is mostly reactive and takes direction from team members
- Process and handle confidential information with discretion
What are we looking for?
- Strong background in TMA
- Familiar with/exposure to management systems or other similar data entry and reporting database applications
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships
- Previous experience of working in a generalist administration/business support role
- A proactive, conscientious and confident approach
- IT literate, comfortable with Excel
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.