About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our Enabling Functions team to work in Longbenton, Newcastle.
What you'll be doing
As a Business Analyst, you will:
- Agree high level time frames for completion of work;
- Liaise with budget holders and sponsors to agree project spend and benefits within business case;
- Proactively provide recommendations to current ways of working within IT and the business, supporting the implementation and embedding of any changes to current processes;
- Actively work to establish a good understanding of the needs of the business to deliver a higher quality service to business;
- Make time to coach and mentor other team members as appropriate.
Who we're looking for
You will have:
- Experience in Business Analyst with significant demonstrable experience shaping and delivering a number of IT projects within a multi-divisional business;
- Strong analytical and business analysis skill;
- An understanding of assigned business functional domain including business operating model, activities, data, process, and information requirements;
- Strong stakeholder management skills and proven experience in dealing with senior business users, determining requirements and priorities as well as resolving issues;
- Good interpersonal skills that enable working relationships to be developed at all levels across the business.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty's Enabling Functions includes our centralised HR, IT, Procurement, Finance, Health & Safety, Sustainability and Comms teams. Together we support Balfour Beatty to deliver projects on behalf of our clients. We operate according to our Build to Last values of Lean, Expert, Trusted and Safe.
We value diversity and celebrate individual differences, believing that our inclusive culture helps the business continue to grow as a strong, dynamic and innovative organisation.
Balfour Beatty is a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture. We are a member of the workingmums.co.uk Top Employers' Charter through which we demonstrate our commitment to enabling parents to progress and enhance their careers whilst managing the challenges of family life.
Balfour Beatty is also Gold Award holders in the Ministry of Defence 'Employer Recognition Scheme' and actively encourage applications from Armed Forces personnel, veterans and reservists.