Financial Controller / Head of Finance
Crosstown is a fast growing premium food brand located in London. Founded in 2014, the business has steadily grown in reputation as the ‘go to’ premium doughnut and specialty coffee concept, with several stores throughout the capital. Crosstown currently has 70+ staff across the bakery, logistics, retail and office functions. The business is multi-faceted with retail, wholesale, catering & online aspects.
Due to our current Financial Controller going on Maternity leave, we are after a direct replacement to head up our finance division of the business. You will be reporting directly to the founders, and have one direct report – a Financial Assistant. This is a full-time role based at our offices in SW8.
A start date of 28th May or 4th June is essential to ensure a handover period.
If you are a suitable candidate, you have worked in a fast growing retail business that has scaled (ideally within food) and have had a direct impact from an early stage. You have shaped the structure and systems and brought organisation to a business to aid expansion. This is a multifaceted role that ranges from producing monthly management accounts, to preparing payroll, undertaking custom reporting and evolving our internal systems
- Highly organised and enjoy structure & systems - you like to create and keep to a schedule.
- Impeccable attention to detail and accuracy.
- Efficient and comfortable working to multiple deadlines.
- Comfortable working within a business that is seeing ongoing dynamic change.
- A strong communicator and supportive. The majority of your interaction is with other staff members who are not accountants or in your field.
- Pro-active and an autonomous worker.
Responsibilities and outputs:
- To oversee the month end process including all balance sheet reconciliations and completion of all nominal journals including accruals and prepayments.
- To produce departmental reports, reporting on profit and loss at a store level.
- To produce monthly management report for Directors in a timely manner and give analysis on variances and KPI’s.
- Complete monthly payroll for salary and hourly paid staff using different time management systems to produce the hourly and overtime reports - to include RTI submission and pension submission to Nest portal.
- Manage monthly cash flow forecasting and report to Directors on a monthly basis.
- Ensure purchase and sales ledger are kept up to date and reconciled on a monthly basis.
- Ensure stock take is completed and reconciled at each month end.
- Approval of supplier payment run bi-monthly.
- Complete VAT returns on quarterly basis for two companies within a VAT group.
- Complete inter-company reconciliations for 3 companies at month end.
- Liaising with external accountants to produce year end accounts for 3 companies with different year end’s.
- Manage a full-time accounts assistant, mentor and develop their role.
- Manage all levels of compliance including HMRC, Pension regulator and external accountant relationships.
- Be a fully qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA)
- Experience with Sage 50 Accounts, Xero Accounts and Brightpay payroll software would be an advantage
- Advanced excel skills, including the ability to run complex functions, macros (VBA knowledge highly favourable)
- Experience working with a multi-faceted retailer
- Prior experience of sole charge position would be an advantage
- Prior experience of managing staff
Additional Application Instructions
Please send a cover note outlining why you are suitable for this role, and attach a CV no longer than 2 pages. Only successful applicants will be contacted. Thank you!
Apply for Financial Controller / Head of Finance
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly