Talent Development Manager
In a nutshell
Reporting to the Head of Performance and Development, you'’ll be responsible for the design and delivery of performance management and career framework across Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Holidays. In conjunction with the HR Business Partner you will deliver a framework that will drive performance conversations across the business to create a simple, clear and effective career development pipeline.
Day to day
- In partnership with the Head of Performance and Development build a performance management framework and embed this across the organisation.
- Produce MI for the business in an agreed format and timescale to enable HR Business Partners and line managers to drive performance.
- Build a behavioural framework that supports the Talent and Development strategy ensuring our behaviours are clear and fit for purpose and embedded in to development solutions.
- Influence the build of career pathways across the organisation to encourage a learning organisation.
- Influence senior leaders to try different approaches in relation to performance management, influencing the change of mind-set and behaviours and intuitively flex your approach dependant on the business area.
- Work with managers to build a robust performance platform and in partnership with the Head Of have input in to system governance for performance and reviews.
- Own and drive feedback loop on the performance functionality of our Learning Management System.
- Work with the resourcing team to ensure performance is reflected in recruitment.
- Work cross functionally with the wider People team and HR Business Partners to align, measure and support taking forward thinking performance practices to the business.
You'll hold a CIPD qualification or equivalent and demonstrable experience in a performance management role working with up to Senior leadership level.
It is important that you're organised and have strong influencing and relationship building skills with previous working knowledge of the design and delivery of performance/behavioural framework to build organisational effectiveness. An understanding of industry trends and current methodologies relating to talent and organisational development would be beneficial. Exposure to succession planning techniques and framework, learning design and delivery will be advantageous.
You will have the skill to facilitate and lead discussions with senior colleagues.
You will be comfortable working autonomously at a fast-pace and able to demonstrate a hands on and results oriented approach when in a sometimes ambiguous environment. If you also have 3rd party supplier management experience and the capability to improve current systems and processes to produce efficiencies and sell these in to the business then we would love to hear from you.
Our pioneering spirit and passion keeps our brand vibrantly alive. That's why we give our people the rewards that they deserve. We have a whole host of benefits in place to help you enjoy life to the full, as well as a world of travel opportunities including up to seven flights a year to a wide range of fabulous Virgin Atlantic global destinations. We also offer a competitive benefits package including pension and private medical schemes, life assurance, child care vouchers and excellent discounts across the Virgin Group of companies. We appreciate that life is busy, so when operationally possible remote working is available.
Be you - our differences make us stronger
Virgin Atlantic and Virgin holidays are equal opportunities employers and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Our aim is to employ people who reflect the diverse nature of society which is why we strive to provide an inclusive environment where individuality is celebrated and we can unleash the potential of our brilliant mix of people.
Click here to follow us on LinkedIn and view our latest company updates and current live vacancies.
To all recruitment agencies: Virgin Atlantic does not accept unsolicited agency CVs. Please do not send unsolicited CVs to our job openings or to Virgin Atlantic employees. Virgin Atlantic is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs.