Accountant - Assistant Manager
SRLV is an independent firm of Chartered Accountants and business advisors. Much of our success is due to our commitment to build strong relationships and working in partnership with our clients.
Our clients expect pragmatic, commercial and passionate people to look after their affairs. We only recruit people who will care as much about our clients as we do. Professionalism and expertise is key to our success and we expect no less from every member of our team. We are constantly striving to keep our employees motivated and we recognise the importance of financial reward along with creating a great work/life balance; truly understanding and delivering what is important to our employees.
We are hiring an Assistant Manager to work within our Accounts Department. The department supports all areas of the business. We are now looking for a qualified Accountant to join our team to support in the preparation and review of accounts and disclosures. Working closely with the partners you will support one of our large clients, ensuring that through effective management, circa 200 accounts are completed throughout the year. This is a part time role, working circa 28 hours per week. This is a permanent role.
Specific Role Responsibilities
- Initially taking day to day responsibility for managing all aspects of the Partners’ portfolios, by working successfully with current Managers – with the long term goal of managing and developing own portfolio
- Full review of both accounts and disclosure
- Meeting and updating the relevant Manager and Partners on a regular basis – highlighting areas of success or concern as appropriate
- Acting as the main point of contact for a number of clients – both face to face, over the phone and via email
- ‘Managing’ the Manager and Partners by prompting action where necessary
- Overseeing the scheduling and workflows on each of the jobs – ensuring all deadlines and targets are met
- Highlighting any delivery issues and suggesting approach to rectify
- Preparing ad hoc specials such as cash flow forecasts for business investment ventures
- Liaising with tax department to ensure that they have all information required to prepare tax computations
- Undertaking accounts preparation (as when necessary)
- Reviewing monthly billing and make sure that the team is hitting monthly targets
- Managing WIP, billing and recoverability
- Supervising/overseeing work conducted by offshore staff
Qualifications and Experience
- ACCA/ACA qualified or substantial relevant experience
- Advanced experience in Caseware software
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in audit/accountancy