Category Management Specialist
Making the move to Phoenix offers you the exciting prospect of applying your purchasing knowledge and experience in a unique setting, with the UK’s largest closed Life and Pension Fund Consolidator and one of ‘Britain’s Top Employers’. We’re industry experts, but we’re always looking for ways to be better. You can help us deliver the best service to our customers by joining our Commercial Partnerships team.
Our Commercial Partnerships team consists of the Outsource Management and Procurement teams who ensure that the evaluation, selection, contractual and commercial arrangements, ongoing oversight and management of suppliers meet our policy and business requirements. The team also work to enhance the end to end lifecycle of managing our partners, providing procurement, governance and commercial expertise and leadership.
As Category Management Specialist, you will drive the category management activities for a number of categories, including information technology, with the goal of achieving significant cost reductions, at the same time improving service to stakeholders. You will work in a decentralised procurement environment where you will build robust working relationships across the business to develop, implement and maintain appropriate Category Strategies. You will work closely to enhance value to Phoenix from effective and sustainable supply relationships.
You will be expected to influence the business in strategic sourcing best practices to capture real savings while making effective, timely and sustainable supply base decisions. This includes direct savings captured through consolidating company-wide purchasing volume and applying operational and commercial levers to reduce cost and managing contracts with suppliers.
You will also be involved in things like:
- Working closely with key stakeholders to develop and implement effective category strategies
- Leading cost reduction opportunities and driving supplier management activity
- Identifying, prioritising and implementing a pipeline of value enhancing opportunities within the categories
- Running complex, high-value and time-bound sourcing initiatives, ensuring full compliance with the Phoenix Sourcing & Procurement Policy and processes
What we are looking for:
You will have a business degree, or equivalent demonstrable experience, and will be a full member of CIPS (Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply). Ideally, you will be working towards, or have attained, your Chartered Buyer status. With your purchasing experience, ideally gained in IT Category Management in a financial services or highly regulated environment, you are now looking to secure a career path in a business like ours.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- your understanding of risk management practices, clearly identifying risk mitigation actions
- significant commercial contract law knowledge
- proven experience of developing category and supplier strategies
- your extensive technical knowledge of Procurement and Finance systems (Oracle)
- your ability to work under pressure in a fast-moving dynamic financial environment
- managing to a tight budget and deadlines
- your experience of leading/participating in cross-functional and/or virtual teams
- your advanced skills in analysis/synthesis in the application of a range of commercial models, with a focus on driving value to stakeholders
About the company:
We value our employees highly and have been one of Britain's Top Employers for the last 6 consecutive years. We are a member of the FTSE 250 index. We put people first in everything we do and are always looking for new professionals to join our talented team. Our funds are closed, enabling us to focus on areas that other businesses can't. This means that, among the many benefits of working at Phoenix (such as free lunches at our onsite restaurant, nature trail walk, putting green, free car parking, subsidised onsite sport facilities including gym, football & cricket pitches, tennis courts, excellent reward schemes…we could go on!), our staff can enjoy exposure to a diverse workload not found elsewhere. We're proud of what we do and we offer excellent training opportunities, career development and company culture.
When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Friday 30th March 2018