Part-time Personal Tax and Accounting Mngr – c. 23 hrs, remote working
Part-time Tax and Accounting Manager – c. 23 hrs, 3-5 days, homeworking an option once established, up to £60k fte, Office in City EC2, Ref 1658
A young and vibrant specialist tax firm, which brings together a wealth of wide ranging experience and expertise in all areas of UK and US tax advice and compliance. Their private client team specialises in international tax matters with a particular focus on the tax issues faced by non-domiciled, non-resident and expat taxpayers. Their well-established client base also calls on their services for more general accounting support.
Due to their ongoing success, they have plans for expansion and are seeking an additional team member who is happy with a fairly evenly weighted role but as a tax practice, most of the work has a tax bias. As you will understand, the work will also be dictated by the time of year, so Sept to Jan will be more focused on personal tax, and accounting work more concentrated in the spring and summer.
We are pleased to report they have a friendly yet relaxed team culture and a good mix of trainees to partners with 20 years experience and they all get on well.
The role is within the Private client team, which currently consists of 7 people: 2 partners, 2 managers, 2 Seniors, 1 Assistant (and growing) and is located in the London Office in EC2M, alongside the US private client team of 6 people.
This is a new role so may well evolve over time but key responsibilities include:
- The client portfolios generally focus on private client work
- Preparing UK personal tax returns and review tax return prepared by others
- Drafting and reviewing personal tax advice
- Preparing VAT returns, drafting corporate tax returns and some accounting work (drafting financial accounts, book-keeping, preparing records for accountant etc)
- Managing client relationships and contributing to new business meetings
- A professional accounting qualification, plus a tax qualification would also be desirable.
- Personal tax experience at an advisory and compliance level.
- Experience preparing UK personal tax returns and reviewing tax return prepared by others.
- Ability to draft and review personal tax advice
- Client facing experience, with proven success in managing client relationships contributing to new business meetings.
- Software: They use CCH Personal Tax, CCH Corporate Tax and Sage, knowledge of Xero and freeAgent is useful too. Plus a good knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel.
The salary is c. £50,000-60,000 pro rata, depending on skills and experience. This role requires c. 3 days, flexible hours and once established in post, home working could be an option. The client is flexible as to how these hours are worked. Their standard hours are 37.5 p/w, 0900-1730. Holiday is 25 days plus bank holidays pro rated. They offer DISB and after a year services they offer pensions (matched up to 5%) and optional medical insurance
*** If this sounds like you, apply for this great opportunity today. ***