Carpenter & Joiner HMP Haverigg
Carpenter & Joiner
Working on the MOJ Contract to carry out various duties including but not limited to joinery
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ. We place great value on our people and the contribution they make to our business, that’s why we aim to offer a competitive benefits package to all of our employees. Working for Amey you will receive a competitive salary and will be able to join our contributory pension scheme. In addition you will be entitled to Company sponsored life assurance and a generous holiday entitlement. You will also be invited to join Amey Choices which offers a range of flexible benefit options and offers additional benefits available throughout the year. Amey is an equal opportunities employer.
What is the purpose of this role?
To carry out joinery work within but not exclusively in the joinery workshop.
What will this role involve?
- Carry out joinery work, examples of work include making stairs, doors, windows, signposts, formwork and other bespoke timber items
- Measure and quote for works
- Order materials
- Maintain stock of Building Maintenance material
- Fit out company vehicles for other departments
- Organise and plan your daily work with the supervisor, to record and submit all details of work carried out on relevant works orders
- Drive a vehicle if necessary in connection with work
- Carry out daily vehicle checks and complete associated paperwork
- Responsible for joinery workshop - maintenance of machines, statutory inspections, housekeeping and cleanliness
- Participate in the Service’s out of hours emergency standby rota when the need arises and if necessary due to contractual or staff circumstances
- Complete statutory records as required
- Provide technical advice where required
- Carry out any other duties as requested
- Act at all times in a manner designed to improve the service and thereby foster good customer and public relations
What are we looking for?
You may be required to carry out a disclosure with the Disclosure and Barring Service Able to act at all times in a manner designed to improve the service and thereby foster good customer and public relations
An awareness the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and the duties which it places on an employee Emergence first aid at work (HSE) Environmental awareness Tool Box talk IOSH working safely Manual tool handling Ladder use
What makes this role unique?
To carry out joinery work, examples of work include making stairs, doors, windows, signposts, formwork and other bespoke timber items.