Part-time Senior Project Administrator, circa 32 hours a week, Salary up to £27k, (ref: 1698)
Part-time Senior Project Administrator, circa 32 hours a week, Salary up to £27k, Berkhamsted (ref: 1698)
Our client is one of three operating divisions of an International Business School. They are a global institution with campuses in Boston, Dubai, San Francisco, Shanghai and three in or near London. The School's mission is to transform the lives of individuals and organisations by providing an exceptionally valuable and enduring education that brings together people, cultures, and ideas from all around the world.
This is a rare opportunity to join the Client Services team. To be successful you will be an organized, happy, flexible and hard-working person who embraces change, brings positive energy the team and works well under pressure.The client is looking for someone to manage complex high value academic programs – from an organisation, delivery and financial perspective. You will have proven skills as communicators, able to influence and negotiate with senior colleagues, work proactively and priority-led to ensure programs are delivered to a very high standard and achieve high student/client satisfaction.
You will be a creative innovator who will find the most efficient solutions to the demands of a high workload and share best practice with colleagues.
- Proactive Program Management; to ensure programs run smoothly; ability to create, follow and maintain clear program plans against which progress, risks and issues can be identified and reported
- Program Financial Management;
- Learn to be an expert in their programs so they can advise and respond to participant and other queries and train others well as needed e.g. for new staff
- Ensure successful delivery of program activities; the participant experience, planning and booking logistics/resources, program materials etc.
- Advising, setting up and using strategic technical platforms including Salesforce, our Participant Portals (Canvas/Motivis) and Zoom for webinars/presentations.
- Design and adopt efficient fit-for-purpose processes for each program – particularly when launching new programs - using best practice from others and adjusting where needed.
- Proactively identify resource needs, solving independently or working with others to do so.
- Delegate work effectively to these assigned resources and other internal teams, e.g. Program Services, Design Specialist, or Faculty.
- Personal development manager for participants taking the Personal Development Program (PDP), which involves providing advice and assistance to the participants throughout their PDP journey
- Build excellent relationships with students/clients, be proactive in anticipating and meeting their needs, identifying impacts, avoid disappointments, communicating regularly.
- Build excellent relationships with internal teams;
- Accurate and timely use of systems to pay suppliers, report and monitor payment and, where necessary, manage Student invoices and debt follow up
- Successful Project or Program Management experience, ideally client facing
- Happy, practical and can-do – gets things done at pace, is action, priority & solution focused
- Tireless passion for quality – loves delighting clients / students
- Very organised, plans ahead, attention to detail, gets things right and knows when to stop checking and move to action for optimum quality/speed balance
- Desire for efficiency and constant improvement – asks ‘how can we do this better next time?’ and has ideas!
- Tech savvy, flexible, confident people who embrace change, try new things & exploit tech
- A questioning mind with an ability to understand, diagnose and identify next steps
- Team players, who build real relationships and are seen as trusted advisors
- Great communication skills, happy to stand up and talk in front of clients
- Commercially aware; understands contracts, budgets, identifies savings and adds up accurately!
- Ability to work with minimum supervision/support and knows when and how to delegate
- A decision maker with the ability to recognise when to defer and when to act
The client is happy to accommodate candidates who can work between 30-35 hours per week. However, they are happy to discuss more flexibility for the right candidates. Other benefits include:
- 25 days paid holiday each year
- Complimentary daily breakfast, lunch and refreshments available to all staff
- Free access to on-site gym (with swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, squash court and outdoor sporting facilities)
- Access to the company pension scheme and healthcare schemes
- Free staff shuttle to and from Berkhamsted station (set schedule)
- Free on-site parking
Closing date: This is an urgent requirement so please get in touch asap if you are interested.
*** If this sounds like you, apply for this great opportunity today. Please include a supporting statement outlining your reasons for interest and the key skills and experience you can bring to the role. ***